New to Shanghai

Hi. I have just moved to Shanghai last week and am posted here as Manager of Air India in China.

Hi kavitamalkani!

Welcome to expat-blog :) So how are you finding your stay in Shanghai so far?

Wish you the best of luck with everything!

Regards
Haf

(moderated: no free ads please)

Hi,

Welcome to Shanghai.
i am also new to Shanghai. where are u frm. i am from chennai. now i stay in hongqiao with my husband.
Hope u enjoy the stay here..

Hello Kavita,

This is Antony.  I am from Trichy but lived overseas for close to 20 years, lately in US for 12 years.  Just moved to Shanghai yesterday and l am looking for friends from India, especially tamilians.  Would love to get in touch with you and your family and other indian friends. 

I look forward to your response.

Best Regards,
Antony

welcome to shanghai!

welcome! it must be a cultural shock for you! but you'd love it!

Hi Kavita, Vishal here. Keep shuttling between India and China. I think knowing someone at Air India would be great help. :)

Just kidding.

How is Shanghai treating you?

Am Sindisiwe from South-Africa . I just moved to chengdu china for an English teacher job & looking for friends.  Also do anyone know where i can find South-africans living in china... keep in touch...

Yours  faithfully
  sindisiwe

Hi Kavita,

I am Farha from Singapore.i am new here too. I hope Shanghai has been good to you as it has been to me.

Farha

Hi All,
I am from Delhi (India). I have an offer from very gud IT company in Shangai, so please help me to decide that either I have to accept that offer or not.

As I am much afraid regarding the lifestyle in Shanghai. How is Shanghai for Indians. If I will be coming to Shanghai than I will come with my wife and 9 months old daughter. So I have few questions for same:-

1) I have offer of around 26000RMB/ month , so is this salary enough to survive in Shangai.

2)Is indian groceries like (Wheat Flour, Indian Rice, spices and  pulses) easily available. Are there any indian stores.

3) My company is in Hytech Park, Pudong, so what will be the rent for 2bhk house near this place.

4) As I will be coming with my family so which Medical insurance I have to take for my wife and daughter and are there any indian hospitals or any good hospitals where people speak english and have gud treatment.

5) What are the expenses for Medical Insurance of my wife and daughter.

I really thankful, If someone can hep me out for my above questions or can give his/her contact no.

Regards
Arpit ([email protected]

Hi Arpit,

Let me attempt to answer some of your questions.

1. Depends on the other allowances. Is this gross or net?
2. Indian groceries are available, but not easily
3. The rent varies drastically, depends a lot of the type of house. Anything between 7k RMB for semi-furnished 2 BHK to 70K RMB for a grand villa. Be prepared to spend time house hunting.
4. There are no Indian hospitals, but you will find some Indian doctors in international hospitals. There are a few hospitals catering to expats run by companies based in Hong Kong and Singapore.
5. Check with your company if medical insurance is part of your package. If rent, medical insurance and school fees are not covered then you may want to reconsider your package.

All the best!

Hey ppl I'm Indian I'm also new here in shanghai
Why not lets do some desi type hangout
if interested please post
Regards Mav

HI ALL SWARNA HERE FROM INDIA
..LOOKING FOR SM NEW FRIENDS IN THIS LOVELY CITY..

Hey
How are you?
Welcome to shanghai , I'm also new here I am from india as well, so let's hang out some time
I think it would be nice, if ur free on this sunday thats10th June . Let me know
My email is [email protected]

Regards
Mav

Hi all ,
i am Anita living in Shanghai ,
Are you all still living in Shanghai ?
I will be happy to talk to you all .

Hi Anita,

Note that this thread is from 2012 and it might no more be active. ;)

Regards,

David.

Expat-blog team.

Thanks David  :)

Hi Anita,

You still here in Shaghai. I am In shanghai yesterday....I am from Pune and will be here for a month.

Raj

Hi !
I am still in Shanghai , how are you ? Where do you live in Shanghai ?

Hi.. My origin is india but settled at Middle East.. Now visit to shanghai for the purpose of business in which I am partner for.  I am spending almost half of the year at shanghai.. Looking for good friends around. Specially someone from Middle East / india

Hi ,
    Good to see you  all Indians , I 'm from India part of hyderabad but I can speak english , Chinese(intermediate) ,Tamil ,Hindi ,Telugu etc . I had been living in China more than 2 years working as a software engineer ,having 3 + year experience now I' m looking for job change if any opportunity open let Me know mail id [email protected] ......I have Chinese friends also if help to me , I can help what ever I know ..about guidance like example China banned Facebook ,twitter ,google etc
Thanks

good to see everyone here.

Hi, r u still in shanghai

Cheers!!!!