How to make friends in Paris

We have been talking about loneliness when you are abroad, let's now talk about how to make friends (locals or expatriates) when you're living in Paris :top:

Which are your best tips to meet people and to make friends in Paris??

Thanks in advance for your participation

I've come up with a few useful sites on meeting people in paris that I put on my blog. I also like the idea of Pastas Party for singles to meetup on Sundays! I would totally try it if I were single!

The Paris expat network might also help ;)

Hi guys, well I am a big fan of www.meetup.com , People organise loads of events each week and you just sign up and go along and hope you'll click. Sure its most expats but Ive actually met a number of French people so had to chat in my terrible French despite myself.

Mostly they are well run (though last nights organiser was 40 minutes late, but we that turned up bonded over giving out about him;) ) Id recommend The Paris Night life group the guy Michelle who runs it is excellent and makes sure to introduce you into the various groups of people:

Auds

Thank you so much for all the information everyone.  I just moved to Paris and yes it does get tough not knowing anyone.

hey i know a great bunch of people at  POUR VOUS PARIS - pour-vous-paris.com/

they are all fluent in english and french and organise group outings to cafes and things, and are lots of fun. everyone is generally in the same boat, and sometimes there will be a person who you have something in common with.

I moved in Paris 4 years ago without knowing anybody (ok, i am french so no language issue).

In fact, i met friends thanks to music!
There are a lot of small bars in Paris where singers make free concerts.
the atmosphere is very nice and it is quite eays to met people:
try:

L'Aperock'café (46 bd voltaire - 75011 paris)
La Cave se Rebiffe
Le Café de Mars
Le Celtic Corner
Au chat noir
l'éléphant du nil
le bar du cirque
Le Palais bar

i wish you nice meetings

You just have to ask!! Some french students search people from abroad to improve their english and to discover differents cultures!

I think a great way to meet people is through language exchange, we've got a page on our blog (language exchange) and from hearing the feedback, groups and well as individuals are got together from the details they've left on the page.

How are you? I'm coming to Paris and I would like to meet people in there next January on 7, 2012 if you have interesting for that reply me. Any advice please?

Hi its me tee ... i am new in paris and its really hard to make new friends ... therefore i am here ... well my number is 06 51 19 83 98... hope for the good response :)

hi
my name is Joe Martin a liberian and base in liberia i am in search of at least 25 to 29 yrs of age female who live in paris France.
I am 40 yrs of age very strong, and hard working.
Thanks

Hello I've just joined..:oi'm hoping to make some friends..

Hi I have just joined this group and I am looking for people to meet in Paris.

Hi,
I'm 36 year old man from India - will be in Paris from October to December. Only interested in friendship. Am an animal and horse lover. Very fond of Literature,Music,Cinema. Looking to meet like-minded people. Getting to know elderly people would also be great :-)
Thanks.

Hi

I am looking for a new friend in Paris

Anybody interested in knowing each other

Me too if you like to be friend, we can change ideas...