How to make friends in Kuwait

exactly! getting outdoors, or atleast out of the house!

spot on Bella

Outdoors is the key make friends here.

lol, well I've met lots of ppl since being here and had a blast doing it.  I believe Kuwait can be as fun as you want it to be!!

Well basicly meeting people in Kuwait is a lot different than meeting people from where Iam from ... But in the end it goes back to what you want and how you aproach it!
Basicly I can't say that I have met a lot of friends other than my collegues at work, but I've been here only for a month now! So yes it does go back to your personality and the places you go.
Social groups I believe is the best way to go!

hi everyone am kuwaiti guy looking to meet friends around here and ya its hard to make friends in kw so anyone who is wana meet for going out and having fun contact me plz
email:

freaky_deaky, welcome and keep an eye on the events posted here as you'll be able to join many of the gatherings taking place!

care for me wrote:
Freaky faisal wrote:
sue_phil wrote:

hmm...i've been trying to figure out ways to meet and make friends in kuwait, apart from my colleagues...its one of the toughest things here in kuwait - making friends!...all the best to you though ;)

no i dont think so

@ Freaky,

why not man?!?!?!

Makin friendz is somethin easy, but it depends on people like'' what's the shape of this relation will look like….''

Natural people makin friendz but Freaky one never   :dumbom:

Ciao...

yaaa u know me well coz ur also my friend rite or worng lets plan some thing what say ???

Searching for friends????? friend is here......:D

Hi guys and girls.. Here is a new interesting event.. And its a great excuse to meet new people.. The place and the class is very nice.. Go throw the topic from the link below and see if your interested. ;)

hmmm - interesting subject, but its so deeper than we can imagine !!

meeting people is one thing, and having friends is another different thing. but here are my thoughts on each.

we can meet people at different places and different activities, we can meet them at work (not recommended) or gym (not bad) or activities (camps - language courses - yoga classes) or through friends (good) or thought the net (TABOO) or parties (yes we have parties in kuwait)or though kids (my daughter grap the attention of many mothers most of the time )

now you meet people, now what, well, thats one hard question, do you exchange numbers (not bad) or face book (ouch) or BBM (if you own one your cool for some people) ! but is that mean you have a friend now ? diffidently not

when it comes to my personal experience, im one person who have great social skills, but lack motivation, meaning i meet people , yet they dont suit me as friends.

this is one problem we face while growing up, the older we get, the harder to find a suitable friend/s

remember, dont worry if you have issue making new friends, everyone does have that problem, even movie stars. Friends are hard to find.

the end.

well said Tq80

altho i disagree on one point, the older we get the harder it is to find suitable friends.

i think with age it becomes easier, lets face it, when u were in school, u couldnt just head off and pick up a friend and go for coffee etc , a) we didnt drink "coffee", b) we didnt drive.

plus with age u get the experience of knowing what to look for in friends, and what to avoid.

maybe i didn't explain it well, i meant when younger, out of 10 opportunities, u might have 8 friends. but when older, out of 10 opportunities might get 5-4. as in percentage of successful friendship conversion.

make sense?

then we must go on to define "friend".

is it in the facebook sense, or the real sense, someone u can have shallow or meaningful conversation with, acquaintance or bonded?

let me enlighten this conversation a bit with one of my favourite quotes... :P

The best kind of friend is the one you could sit on a porch with, never saying a word, and walk away feeling like that was the best conversation you've had. 
- Author Unknown

heres to good friends :)

and friends yet to be made

my thoughts of "real" friends

"it is very easy to have fun and laugh with any person or so called *friends*, but *real friends* and the once that tap on my back when they see me cry, not the once who run away !! "

TallQ8i wrote:

my thoughts of "real" friends

"it is very easy to have fun and laugh with any person or so called *friends*, but *real friends* and the once that tap on my back when they see me cry, not the once who run away !! "

I agree with you .I want also to add something about guys, from my experience there are two types of boys, first type are who only looking for girls and second types are who looking for real friends for life.I do not like the first type.

me neither,those boys chase girls all their youth.

i had a child friend here,it was nice to hangout with him.but now he went to Australia.

Any one having a BBQ this weekend would like to meet expats.

Hi Theozain,

Welcome to Expat-blog!

You should start a new thread "Expat.com BBQ this week-end" and suggest a place and time. :)

Welcome on board Theozain

Hello Friends i am out here to have fun ok.
So if you fine Pleasure in me too,Then why
dont you ask me out.
Waiting

Faze wrote:
Jeeds wrote:

I've always been an awkward person, so I find it hard to make friends regardless of where I am - call me socially deprived. Being in Kuwait then, makes it almost impossible to make friends. It sucks. I have no social life. But that's what TV is for, eh.

Tell me about it! Whenever I smile at someone, one of the following occurs:

1. They think I am sexually interest in them, and thus storm off, make a face, say something rude, etc...

2. They think I want to kidnap them, which could be covered under the first point.

If this thread is still alive, I'd like some input on how to meet people. I've been here for a week, and it is becoming quite boring at this point.

lmao. My friend and I once tried meeting people at a cafe. They were excited to learn we were North Americans and joined us. But as soon as we started talked, I realized that meeting people like that wasn't the smartest thing because the locals seem to assume that us Westerners are all about drinking, drugs, sex etc. If only they knew how incorrect that was. Best way to meet people is through other people (usually through work). Good luck all.

legacy, I actually agree with TallQ8i. The older I've gotten, the more selective I am about who I allow to be my "friend." When I was younger, everyone I knew was considered a friend but through time and experience, I have learned that "friendship" is a label that must be earned. Furthermore, such a label can easily be withdrawn. I guess age has taught me to appreciate certain qualities in a relationship and to learn when it's time to move on when those qualities start disappearing. If I have at least five friends, I will consider myself more than lucky. Good, fun, reliable people are hard to find.

ps. you're my friend, legacy! :D so consider yourself lucky :P

msjaydee wrote:

ps. you're my friend, legacy! :D so consider yourself lucky :P

and darn proud of it :D

can  i knw some abt all
pls mail me

all the best

hi

Though sad I could hardly find like-minded friends who are there for me as I do back home, I am a bit happy ppl are sharing their experience about the same problem I have. 5 years I've been in Kuwait and still digging for good friends. Believe me this is a BIG DEAL for a sociable fellow like I am.
Good Luck for all.. Thanks for sharing

hi all i iam scotish found it dificult to start with as was not working but got involved in a darts league it is great social nights on thursdays all the teams are mixed nationaltys most matches are played fintas,eguila,adan,+mangaf areas we also have end of season party
will post contact details later if anyone interested

Sure let us know the details

Hello q8turkey -> Could you please introduce yourself? :)

Thank you,
Aurélie

mik2203 wrote:

hi all i iam scotish found it dificult to start with as was not working but got involved in a darts league it is great social nights on thursdays all the teams are mixed nationaltys most matches are played fintas,eguila,adan,+mangaf areas we also have end of season party
will post contact details later if anyone interested

I definitely am!
:)

Hello, I am solomon.. I am coming to kuwait in few weeks time... I need a friend who can come welcome me

okay i wont lie but this place is very boring....am new here....no friends no nothing...guys are shy from girls as if u gonna ask them out or some thing.!

Guys any way I can change visa 20 to 18 without going back to my country?!

hi this is Hank from Korea. if you have any gathering please let me know. regards, 9720 0526

Making friends is so easy.. but trusting one of them was soooo hard!. It's been 3 years I'm here in Kuwait and I meet different kind of people. But giving my trust to them specially to the guy is the only thing that I have to blame to myself.
Well, making friends, you should start to go around but take care of approaching or talking to anyone.

Here's a hint. You can make friends by not giving out your number to random people without getting to know them (e.g. on this blog). You can make friends by not being creepy and sending them private messages. Get a normal conversation going and get to know a person before you scare them away. Just a helpful hint ;)

Hello Subhas -> Maybe you can tell us more about yourself.

PS: Just to remind you all that this thread title is How to make friends in Kuwait. ;)

Thank you,
Aurélie

Hello,
       I am an African from Ghana whom have developed a very great interest in having a great friendly relation with any interesting person in Kuwait, both men and women. My main aim is to transact business in Kuwait, that enable me to look for friend over there. I am very kind, caring, honest and God fearing person. Who ever is interested in me is always welcome. Thanks a lot.