How to make friends in Iran

We have been talking about loneliness when you are abroad, let's now talk about how to make friends (locals and other expats) when you're living in Iran :top:

Which are your best tips to meet people and to make friends in Iran??

Thanks in advance for your participation

[Moderated: Not a dating website]

Helloooo! I need to do a work about the politic situation of Iran. I want a person who can answer me some questions please.

My husband is Iranian and he wants us to go and live there. Im wondering what its like for a foreign woman in Iran given the current situation?

i am from iran and living in iran
i am a boy 27 y/o

if u have any question dont hesitate to ask me here:***

hye shiraz......u appear friendly...i am shifting my buisness to iran , i have some questions can u help me out ???

I will be glad to help. you can ask me , I will try to give you the answers!

I went to iran in 2000. no social life at all!

i went to live in  Tehran in 2004 for one year but end up running away 3 weeks later because felt so lonely and no social life.
Now possibility again to move to Tehran again but this time i will lose my current job and once in Tehran , there  is no way running away again.

truth is that iranian peoples like to make friendship with you peoples but problem is that they have poor english language so thats why they dont try to talk with you !
but now usually young peoples can talk english ( not all ,near half as much as they can understand you or you understand them )
anyway you do best if before coming iran u make urself a friend ,cus if u come and then you wanna make it then you even cant find it easy!
if you wanted me to be friend i would be happy to accept but i just can guide you by my net ,well im pc man who cant leave his pc for long :D:D:D hehe :P

I teach English, and would love to meet some friends from iran. I am also a film maker from Hollywood, and do music too. I am an American citizen, looking for new friends.
Please contact me,

Thank you.

i am an iranian boy. if i can help u i will be glad.

Hello javad47 and welcome to Expat.com!

Can you please tell us more about yourself? Do you have some informations on How to make friends in Iran to share with us? :)

Thank you,
Aurélie

if you are going to big cities like Tehran it is very easy to make friends. Just be friendly and humble and you will find many friends.

People here are very friendly specially to foreigners. In Big cities you can find many people who can talk in english. especially in work environments many can talk english.

Iranian are considered as very friendly and hospitable people especially when it comes to visit or meet with a foreigner person, irtouring.wordpress.com/2012/10/02/how-to-meet-or-find-a-friends-in-iran/ i've read this article just now, it can be useful on how to meet a friend in Iran

Salam
Interested to have Iranian friends

Cheers

Hello Gmbm -> What about an introduction? :rolleyes:

Thank you,
Aurélie

Hey
Please refer to my profile if you are interested to know more about me and feel free any time to send PM.
Regards

im javad47. u cand send me email through my mail:

[email protected]

if u have any question ask me.

@javad27 > can you please introduce yourself?

Thanks.

yes. its my pleasure. I'm a boy from Iran. I'm 27 years old, single. What other thing do u like to know?

Hello javad27 -> Where are you from and what do you do in life? :)

Thank you,
Aurélie

I am from Iran and I'm a student. where r u from Aurelie? How old are u?

Hello javad27.

I am from Mauritius Island. :)

Maybe you can come back to the initial topic now.

Do you have some tips on How to make friends in Iran?

Thank you,
Aurélie

hi. Iranian people are hospitable and kind. they like others. there are many historical and natural cites in Iran and they're really fantastic, where I have seen foreigner people there, but if u like to communicate with these kind people i recommend u learn a little Persian, the language that Iranian people speak.

[link moderated]

helo, i am interested in Irain .iran women is beautiful .i want to make friend with iran women .

oh, that's romantic.

[moderated: Expat.com is not a dating website]

Hello aye san . I am not a woman, so i think i can not help you! i hope u find a good partner.

by the way I think Japanese girls are pretty too.

helo,Dear friend   ,,,Thank u for reply in it .  aye san ,,

u r welcome

Just to remind that Expat.com is not a dating website.

-----------------------------------

The topic of this thread is How to make friends in Iran

Thank you.

yes, thats true

hello
very easy..you say hello and Iranian person will say hello and begin new relationship

Armin.M wrote:

hello
very easy..you say hello and Iranian person will say hello and begin new relationship

Hello!

hey
where are you from?:)

salam
I have lived a long time in Iran and I can tell you that Iran love foreigners. yes it is true but I would also say: they are mostly curious about them ....as Iran is not a tourist country if I may say. It attracts tourists but it is not a country where you may find different color of people and a kaleidoscope of culture in the streets.
when a foreigner crosses a street or catch a bus every body stare...
The problem is the language. I had to learn farsi if I wanted to communicate and find my way. Farsi (popular) is somehow an easy language.

The problem I found and still find is that Iranian are very family people. They do not let strangers, I mean non family member, enter this territory very easily. their gatherings are familial,celebrations are familial, newyear is familial... even if today there is a tendency that young people have friends outside, still it is a very closed atmosphere.
Most of the times you feel like a "hair in the soupe" "un cheveu dans la soupe".
Still, I made very good friends here but we are  all ,like everywhere, soooo busy... sometimes I miss french friends to laugh  "frenchly"...sometimes I miss moroccan friends to laugh "morroconly"...
but that's the life!
sorry if I have been so long
    I am waiting for your comments

i like finding a good foreign friend who live in Iran that can speak English....i wanna learn English better than previous

Hey am from Pakistan would like make more friends in Iran special in Tehran city ,Qureshi