Any Greeks in Barcelona???

Hi,

Are existing any greeks living in Barcelona. I would like to meet if any..

G.

Hi grgpoulou, welcome on Expat-blog! :)

You may view the Greek expatriates in Barcelona network to find more contacts.

I wish you good luck
Christine

Quite possibly the most offensive and xenophobic forum post yet this year!

hmmm I wonder if I should moderate or not ... your suggestion ?

Personally, I'd leave it, everyone is entitled to an opinion after all, and I don't think that marta has set out to be deliberately offensive, it just reads that way.

JPope wrote:

Personally, I'd leave it, everyone is entitled to an opinion after all

I agree

Dear All,

thanks for all remarks. Dont worry, I dont come to BCN for searching for work. I work already in a multinational company that has expatriot position also in spain.Reading the answer I feel extremely lucky!! Very pessimistic!! I am living in Italy 2 years, as an expartiot, and now my next position will be in BCN or Madrid for personal reasons.

My problem is that I dont have friends in Spain. I have many spanish friends cause of my boyfriend (who is spanish and lives in between Madrid-BCN) ..just I would like to start socializing more by my own.. I dont know if you understand me.. I need to make friends that are more or less in the same situation of ''expatiotism''.. indepedently of my boyfriend.. I want to make my own ''network'' of friends, and to became more indeppended as concern this matter..

Of course I found the reply a little bit aggressive, only because ..my question was very general and had nothing to do with job hunting . Marta must have maden a lot of assumptions in order to reply in this way:), and ... to be honest ..I would appreciate more if she still can introduce me to some greeks since she knows so many...And not only greeks.:P I am open in all members of the forum for a friendly conversation ...

Thank you

Hi (geia) grgpoulou!

I am from Greece and living in Barcelona for 1,5 year now. If you would like to meet for a coffee, drop me a PM!

I am writing this in public just to say that I also find martafiord's response offensive. But I am happy to see that this is a forum in which everyone can express freely. ;) 

Thanks!

I think that martafiord's comments could apply to any foreigners because as far as I know Barcelona has the same cool party image in most countries.

But then again everyone is entitled to try their luck and the outcome depends on the individual situation and circumstances. Whether the unemployment rate is 10%, 20%, 30% or 50% it doesn't really matter – if you're working it's 100%, if you're not working it's 0%.

Personally, I've been unemployed during an economic boom, and I found a decent job during an economic downturn.

Back to the original theme: I am a British Cypriot and I arrive in Barcelona at the end of the month. I would be happy to meet up for a chat and coffee, moral support, and to maintain my Greek in good working order! (Don't worry I speak with the mainland dialect since I have Greek friends in Paris :) )

Ta leme sintoma!

Andreas

Thank you Andrea!!

Sure next time, we will include in our company!! Me and Elf we are already friends!!

See you soon!
G.

Hello all expatriots in Barcelona.
I am an expatriot greek (from Patra) civil engineer working in Scandinavia. Now I am in Barcelona for banking business. I will stay here for more than 2 months. I  would like to meet other expatriots greeks or other nationalities  men and women here in barcelona. Please if you have time I would like to meet you and have a coffee with you in Catalunya.
My interests are arts and philosophy
Georgios Soronis
Please do not hesitate to contact me.

Geiasou grgpoulou,
Please contact me.
Georgios Soronis

well now i'm in barcelona and settled, and just rediscovered this post.
any of you want to meet up tomorrow (tuesday 21.6) evening for a drink and chat (greek/english), somewhere central.
ti lete?

Geia sou Andy Theo.
Eyxaristw gia to mail.
An mporeis aurio stis 19.00 sto Cafe Zurich sth Plazza Catalunys.
To thlefono mou edw einai
Steile mou ena SMS me to thlefono sou se periptvsh pou xathoumai.
Nase kala
Giorgos Sourounis

andy theo
Aurio 21/6 stis 19.00 loipon
Geia georgios

egine! sou esteila minima.

koritsia?

Meeting at cafe Zurich cahanged and will be at 21.00 tomorrow 21/6
Georgios

Hello,

You should write in English in this English forum so that other members understand and participate in the discussion.

Thank you very much. :)

Are you guys still in Barcelona?
I am coming there mid of November and i am looking for accommodation if anybody could help me.

Costas

Hi rossos and welcome to Expat.com!

For the accommodation, I suggest you to post an advert in Barcelona classifieds. It may help.;)

Harmonie.

elf wrote:

Hi (geia) grgpoulou!

I am from Greece and living in Barcelona for 1,5 year now. If you would like to meet for a coffee, drop me a PM!

I am writing this in public just to say that I also find martafiord's response offensive. But I am happy to see that this is a forum in which everyone can express freely. ;) 

Thanks!

Yes, nice to meet you. I am not a Greek but I speak greek language because I like it. I if you don't mind I would like to be your friend if you wll. newabrefa is my name. My contact ****

You can also have a look at Loquo Barcelona for accomodation.

how can i check this? please provide with more details. i dont speak spanish.

You may want to have a look at the following link:

Room to rent:
loquo.com/cc/habitatge/compartir-pis-hab-de-lloguer/302

Best of luck

Hello,

Just to remind you that the topic of this thread is "Any Greeks in Barcelona".

Thank you

Yes Georgia,
Now I am in Barcelona. I sent a message to you before, but then I travelled to Greece. Thanks for the message. I am in Barcelona today and possibly the next 2 months.
Georgios S
Nice to hear from you again
Hope to meet you soo in Barcelona

To Andy Theo, Georgia and all interesting people in Barcelona,
I am in Barcelona again. Do you like to meet me today or the nearest days?
Georgios

Georgios wrote:

Yes Georgia,
Now I am in Barcelona. I sent a message to you before, but then I travelled to Greece. Thanks for the message. I am in Barcelona today and possibly the next 2 months.
Georgios S
Nice to hear from you again
Hope to meet you soo in Barcelona

You are welcome, Now I'm living in Spain but am not living in Barcelona so how can we meet or communicate our selves? Tell me your mind so that I will know how to do. Hope to hear from you soon,

I am living in Andalusia but once is the same Spain we can find means to meet and take coffee one day if you like?
Abrefa is my name.     Ehi agapi, Yise Elenida or Elennas?

Hello abrefa,
I am greek male and I try to find frients in Barcelona. Any nationalities not only greeks.
Where are you living in Spain and from which country are you coming from.
hope to here from you soon
Georgios

Hey to all!
This thread has been not active for months so I thought I should revive it. I am a Greek that moved in Barcelona some time ago, and I would like to meet some Greek , and not only , friends!

(moderated: please post in the work section)

Hey I'm Greek Australian, also looking to come to Barcelona, it would be nice to have some friends there! :-) But on the original comment posted and that long reply from marta, it was irrelevant to the original question! But I think they were so upset about their friends leaving because they couldn't find work that they just had to forewarn everyone! I think it was helpful and something to consider.
I'v lived in Greece and also visited in recent times, and it was always hard getting a job there, even before the crisis! Now everyone there is in a panicked state and don't know where to go first to try and live a normal life! Discouraging them doesn't help, but making them realise it's just as bad somewhere else could be helpful! I really feel sorry about the whole situation at the moment... even Australia is difficult these days!
I just hope that things will turn around for the world, really really soon.

x

Hi all,

Just to let you know that there is a Greek Community in Barcelona, that organizes a lot of events and also offers the possibility to learn Greek (for Greek friends that want to learn the language).

You can find more information here:

comgregacat.net

Hi, my name is Shenna. I'm moving with my boyfriend in april 2015, he's greek too! So maybe we can meet when we're around!
See you in BCN!!
greetz!!

ckmichail
ckmichail 28 January 2015 10:54:39 Report #35
3 posts Barcelona
Hi all,
Just to let you know that there is a Greek Community in Barcelona, that organizes a lot of events and also offers the possibility to learn Greek (for Greek friends that want to learn the language).
You can find more information here:
comgregacat.net

**this link is not working anymore. Is there a different one to link into?

Hi ! I am from Greece and i am thinking to move in Barcelona to search for a job . Personally i prefer Madrid but they told me that in Barcelona there are more jobs . i would like to give me advice and information about this . I want very much to live in Spain . My ex living there and made me to love this Country. I feel it like a magnet. You are very lucky if you have and your boyfriend and your job there . my ex living in Alicante nice town but without jobs . so if i want to come what i must do for be prepared?

Is bcn good for family ??

What type of events do greeks do?