Driving License

#1 25 January 2011 00:32:55

tareqt
tareqt
Toronto

Driving License

Moving to Khobar mid-Feb 2011.
Coming with a Canadian Driving License - do I need to take a new test - what are the formalities - just an exchange of license with an eye test etc??
Thanks for your thoughts!

#2 25 January 2011 10:39:34

SaudiUK
SaudiUK
Riyadh

Re: Driving License

Its a simple exchange for the driving licence, they do a blood test, 1 min drive (just to check you know how to drive).

Nothing to worry about it.

#4 25 January 2011 13:35:04

SaudiUK
SaudiUK
Riyadh

The Canadian license stays with you.

They will just keep a record that you have a Canadian Driving Licence.

A Saudi driving Licence will be issued.
(by the way the picture ob the driving license will be the picture thay take when you enter KSA.

Before you obtain a driving licence, you will have to obtain your Iqama (residency permit).

Last edited by SaudiUK (25 January 2011 13:37:11)

#7 20 February 2011 19:48:28

beirut961
beirut961
Khobar

it's also good not to mention your canadian driver's license, and just apply for one here.
you have to do a blood test and eyesight test, and a simple driving test.

#8 21 February 2011 14:53:01

dynamo1131
dynamo1131
Riyadh

Zeesham wrote:

What if some one has valid U.A.E driving license ?

Thanks,

I have a valid UAE license as well, I asked around already, they will take and cancel that UAE license. You will not be able to get it back IMO. I have a friend who has a Qatar license, they took that one too. I think GCC licenses will be canceled here if you applied for Saudi License. What I did is use my home country license, but sad to say I have to go through the normal process like lectures, driving test parking test, ect. But they will return your license after the registration at counter 4 I think.

If you have patience, start early morning and you can finish in 1 whole day. Remember if you don't know Arabic, better bring somebody to interpret for you, because that will help you make the process faster.

Requirements to bring with you:

1. Letter from your sponsor, with stamp from I don't know which ministry.
2. Application form filled up in Arabic.
3. Iqama
4. Copies of your Iqama, driving license, and passport copies.
5. Photos, I think 4-5 copies.
6. Cash. 250 (estimate for 5 years) 425 (estimate for 10 years), 100 for Driving test and Lecture fees and 50 for Blood test.

#9 06 February 2013 11:15:07

gonzrule
gonzrule
Khobar

Hello!

To which office here in Khobar should I apply for a driver's license. And where is it located exactly?

I would appreciate receiving detail from you all.

cheers :-)

#11 06 February 2013 17:47:27

saimans
saimans
RIYADH

gonzrule wrote:

Hello!

To which office here in Khobar should I apply for a driver's license. And where is it located exactly?

I would appreciate receiving detail from you all.

cheers :-)

Take Right from the King Abdullah Bin ABdulazziz road, Just in front of Hardee's------ Go till the next signal and take free right from there ( Street -4) ------ Go till the next signal and Take left from this signal (Street-10), if you see on the left at this signal there is a Saudi Mart also------- After 300m approx you will see the Khobar Traffic Police office on your left side on the main road only.

Expatriate health insurance Khobar
Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Khobar.
>> Click here
Expat banking Khobar
Discover the benefits of expat banking for people living and working abroad.
>> Click here
Moving to Khobar
A few tips from professionals about moving to Khobar.
>> Click here
Travel insurance Khobar
Don't worry and travel happy across Khobar.
>> Click here