Looking for expats living in Pondicherry -am thinking of moving there

Hi, :)

Im an expat (British) with a PIO card who has been living in Piuttaparthi, Andhra Pradesh for the last 12 years, I'm thinking of relocating to Pondicherry but would like some info about where is a good area to live,yet cheap to buy too.

I'm also looking for any information as to how the locals treat Foreigners, here in Puttparthi, foreigners are are a relatively 'new' thing and there is still much to be deserved.

For example are there any bicycle clubs in Pondicherry, my husband loves to ride, but here in Puttparthi, the kids often throw stone as he ventures to the outskirts. :(

Is there a gym in Pondicherry?

Are the locals friendly with Foreigners or do they see them simply as Dollar signs and constantly harrass them for money or business?

Any information, and reference to your personal experience would be much appreciated.

Thanks Angelie :)

Pondicherrry is more favourable to foreign tourists given the fact that many foreigners stay there . It is a common sight to see foreigners go undisturbed in their work by the locals . I do not know if bicycle clubs exist in pondy , but there are a few trekking clubs out there .

Thank you log24...:)

What would be the cheap areas in Pondicherry (or around Pondicherry) to purchase properties, but at the same time be SAFE too! Any ideas?

Is there a Gym in Pondicherry?

Regards :)

There are hell a lot of gym there in pondicherry . You can also pick up membership at some of the hotels where they have a fitness centre . There are a few streets near the beach where the French have their dwellings , that might be a good choice or a little outside the main city you might be able to buy a big house at a good bargain

Ah great news about gyms!!!!! hahahaaa

So what would the prices be like in the French streets?

And when you say good bargain for house outside the main city...what kind of money are we talking about here?

Thank you soo much yet again!!

Regards

hello, I m not fluent in english, so, I m women 57 years, and I have making the project to go to Kerala in december - Do you have plans, or good ideas to give me, to enjoy my trip ?
thanks you -

hi angelie,
you might have heard about auroville where lot of foreigners live ,also it is a safe place to live,and the houses are not expensive to buy whereas the white town in the pondicherry it self is bit expensive,and you can also find gym and cycling clubs in pondicherry.

(moderated: no free ads please)

[Moderated: please write in English on this Anglophone forum so that other members may understand and participate]

ok I havn't payed attention....

Unfortunatly there is nothing french anymore here in pondy...nothing.

hie angelie9...im rahul from chennai...pondy is the most favourable place for foreigner in india...very nice beaches n views...not tht much expensive for day-to-day life...peaceful life ...nice ashrams n all...very french ppls are therre in pondy..if you want to get settled there then you can proceed...
if you need any other help try to contact me @ [email protected]

Hi Angelie,

Pondicherry is a great place to be at. Far from the maddening crowd and with a serene and peaceful environment is a safe place too.
It is extremely conducive for foreigners and that's why many expats have been staying here for years and have made it their home. While the main city may be a little expensive, you can find good accomodation at relatively reasonable prices a little away from the city.
Let me know if need more help and I will research for more info and share the details.

Regards,
Sagar

Hi,

I am a pondicherry citizen.W r u now?

I will help you,what you need?

regards
Krishna/Kiruchna

Sorry boss,

safest place to live. cheapest transport in india,you can get everything.no one distinguish the foreigners.

regards
krishna

mushin wrote:

hi angelie,
you might have heard about auroville where lot of foreigners live ,also it is a safe place to live,and the houses are not expensive to buy whereas the white town in the pondicherry it self is bit expensive,and you can also find gym and cycling clubs in pondicherry.

hey Angelie
read ur post saw that u,r ling in pondocherry i am wishing to go in there for studying and living, i would appriciate if u help me with a couple of questions:
i have 2 dogs, where would be a nice safe peaceful and affordable neighborhood to live? how much does it cost me?

which university would be the best studying psychology in?

how much is the cost of living?

can a student work in there? or as a hairdressing or nail design at home? how much money can i earn doing this kind of home jobs?

looking forward to hear from u
best regards
Shaghayegh

Hello Shaghayegh -> You should start a new thread on the Pondichery forum with your questions. ;)

Thank you,
Aurélie

Hi Angelie9
Just read your post, please let me know if you are living in Pondy now
appreciate your help.
Any places to stay flats close to the ashram

Hi Krishna, hope you are well?
I saw your response about Pondy and thought to ask you if we can be in contact?
I'm moving to Pondy next year and I'd like to get know how and advice in general.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Can anyone please let me know any house is for sale near beach side. **

Moderated by Christine 6 years ago
Reason : please share your email via your private message system. Thank you

Hi Garys4u > this topic is inactive since 2015. I invite you to post an ad in the housing in Pondicherry section. Good luck