Tour the new Bitexco Financial Tower?

I was driving by the Bitexco tower this afternoon and saw a group of western tourist at a small (ticket sales looking) stand just outside the entrance of the tower.  They all walked into the building shortly afterwards.  Later in the day when I had some time I stopped by the same location and was stopped by a security guard whom unfortunately did not speak english.  The stand was also empty. 

Does anyone know if there are tours going to the top of the tower?  Hell, I would like to just go up to the helicopter pad and walk around to get a good view of the city.

I can't answer your question, but if you do find an answer post it up here. The views from up there have got to be amazing. :-)

why don't u just go right to the top of some restaurants or hotels downtown.. it must be some bars or coffee there and u can have good view of the city too

Tomorrow I have some free time and will drive downtown and do a little more investigating.  I'll keep you informed.

I've not got a bad view or it from my place :)

But would love to see the views from there :)

I heard from a Vietnamese friend that you can get to the observation deck for 200,000 VND. A little pricey, but maybe worth doing once for the view.

Thank you for the info.  Do you know if you purchase the tickets to go to the observation deck at the base of the tower?  When I began to walk inside to inquire a guard stopped me from proceeding.

Still trying to find out any solid info, but this is a interesting read, even if a little out of date :- [Moderated]

Looking around at various other sites it looks like there is a paid observation area on floor 47, I just can't find out anything about opening times etc...

Went past today as we walking round the flower exhibition. And they are advertising the view point as open. The security guy pointed us round the other side of the building, but we didnt go in as my camera battery had died.
So I'm gonna go again tomorrow and will report back on prices etc

update ;- not had a chance to get back there yet, anyone else been there?

There are official tours now that go to the 49th floor of the Bitexco Financial Tower.  There is a ticket booth outside just outside the doors of the tower that is open from 1pm to 9pm.  Tickets are 200,000d a piece.  Since the building is new, there is nothing at the 49th floor except windows.  It would be nice to see a restaurant open sometime, but I don't see that happening anytime soon.  The views are great and I would recommend going up there at least once.

The observation deck is currently now opening for public. As the building is new, there is not much facility available on 49th...But the decoration and other facilities/services will be ready in April. The experience of standing on 49th is so fantastic and worthy to do