Movinig to Yanbu, to start job need advise

welcome everyone,

I am Leo O' Neill and am currently being offered a post in Yanbu and would liek to get as much advise as possible?

i am currenlty being offered a position in Yanbu with a company called Pretech,

Now here is where i hope you can help, the living in Yanbu the number of Expats ect,

regards Leo

Welcome on Expat.com Leo :)

I have moved your discussion to Saudi Arabia forum for effective networking; thus this will allow you to obtain responses, suggestions and some feedback from members there!

Regards

Hello,

Any help is much appreciated and I just need to know the latest on family visa's to saudia Arabia

I an project manager and the letter of offer is for a project manager role, my degree is also for Project manager so what I advised is my iqama needs to reflect this, this number is this a Saudi number so I can call now

Yes I was told that an it could take up to 2-3 months to get family Visa, I have to wait till I get my degree papers back from emmbassy stamped too,

Is there any one here living in Yanbu?

Wow, that conversation sounded like hard work:rolleyes:!  Let's see if we can find you some Western Expats out there!  :)

Thank god i thought it was just me being thick. lol well themore advise the so much better.

my wife is already going to write a blog for the process on how this works, i told her good luck.

hi leo

im Ross from sunny scotland and just moved to yanbu in january, living on the arabain homes compound near the holiday in, hopefully i can help you with any questions etc................. im working here as a contracts supervisor for HARSCO infrastructure scaffolding, but my visa says sales manager!

il help where i can!!

Hi Ross,

thank god i was begining to think i was going to ladn in Yanbu and set up in a tent in the sands lol,

well you are in the same Compound that i am going to, i am starting work with a Precast Company called Pretech as a Project manager.

well i will be going over firstly as everyone single, and then will apply to get my Wife and Daughter over too.

so what is arabain homes  like to live in, is there many of us pales faces there,

so im told Yanbu is very quite place.

there is a lot of info arround this forum and if u search, u should be able to find a lot of info that helps,

To summarize the topic u asked for, there could be a difference between the actual job you do and the job profession mentioened in ur Visa. Its very important to have a job profession mentioned in the visa is a job that is allowed to bring in ur family.

haha! trust me im as glad as you!!

the compound is lovely honestly.....i was in jeddah for 2 weeks on my bosses compound, and its a dump compared to here! its that clean they have guys sitting under the trees to catch the leaves fall!!

its reasonably quiet, i met a good crowd of us pales last week at this years first darts evening, but the compound is only id say 50% full at the moment so more to come hopefully.

Im in the formwork & scaffolding industry, and all i can say is you will be bizzy here!!

yes i am requesting that i get the detials of the Visa first but what i am boing told is they are first applying for a visit vise to get me over by March and then they will apply for my work Visa when i am there. so i will try to insist they shwo me the applicatiosn prior to submitting so they at least get the write one.
their HR department seems lazy and that worried me.

Ross,

im looking forward to the Move, well what can i say a scot and irish in same compound and no dringk lol.

do you have a MSN so we can chat direct to ask some more questions,

mine is [email protected]

Leo il clear this visa rubbish up for you as its dragging on a bit!!

i was also worried when my passport came back with NOT PERMITTED TO WORK stamped on it.

No one gets a full working visa 1st time, what happens is you come over on that visit visa firstly with 30 days stay max but multiple entry/exit, after your 1st 30days its usually extended by the embassy for another 30 days no bother. then after your next 30 days youl do a in and out-Bahrain,jordan,dubai etc and every month untill you get your Iquama, but my boss has been waiting on his for 18 months, so god knows how long mine will take? it all depends on how powerfull and well known your company Government relations officer is!! its a pals of pals of pals act!!!

i hope this kind of clears that up??

wow that is crazy time, well i was told so many different stories but this would seem the most realisitc answer,
i was even told by my Md that it only took him two months to get his family over, but he never said howlong it took to get his work Visa, that might have been the long part.

well i will know soon enough i suppose they are trying in vain to get me into the country to start first week of March, they said they are desperate to get me started, as their work load is crazy.

well looks like it will be a fun couple of months ahead regardless.

i am told that i have a Villa waiting for me there paid by the company and sweet ride too a Toyota Carolla lol.

i can see me pullying all the woman in that over there crusing down the main street in the evenings, (just kidding about the crusing)

Yeah when you have your iquama theyl be over in no time (saudi time)

Same set up as me, they paid for the villa (1yr up front) and bought me a jeep, toyota fortuner thing thats ok, i wouldnt reccomend a normal car here.

and as for a jock and an irish man without a swally, ive turned into a bit of a chemist!!

im just trying to download msn, do you have skype??

yes i have skype

leo.hanna.o.neill is my username,

what is yours?

well a chemist MMmmmm,  well i have been working in the prison sector here for the past two year and picked up some great tricks so i will pas on when i get there lol.

its liek being in Jail

Hi All
ok told today i will get my Visa letter tomorrow form my new company and i can then go to the Embassy to get my Passport stamped. so fingers crossed i will be one step closer to getting on a plain to Yanbu.:top:

Regards
Leo

miahannaleo wrote:

Hi All
ok told today i will get my Visa letter tomorrow form my new company and i can then go to the Embassy to get my Passport stamped. so fingers crossed i will be one step closer to getting on a plain to Yanbu.:top:

Regards
Leo

:top::top:

so its with a sad and heavy heart i must give up on my dream to work in the middle east, as most of you will know i was given a job offer back in January and was sent letter of offer contract Etc. i was advised to leave my Job whcih i did and even gave my notice to my house, but for some weird reason the HR Manager has F**k about applying for the Visa, ending up that i still have not got it sorted, but now today he has decided that oh we dont want to proceed with the Role any longer, so now i am jobless and homeless and i guess my dream for working in Saudi is over.

i would like to thank everyone here who helped me and supported me with all my questions Etc.

i will keep dropping in to watch the events and gossip and thank you again.

and to any HR Manger out there dont take this the wrong way but F**K you B******ds you have ruined my caree and home.

Sorry for that out burst.

Regards
Leo O Neill

Leo,
Sorry to hear this mate. I have seen and heard happen to a lot of times;

atleast they said now that ur role is not encessary, not after u came here.

World is very small and let's hope u will find a better job some where else. :top:

Damn dude! thats sucks! and the outburst is completely appropriate.. Good luck mate!
and take care!

cya around sometime still.. You never know..

Damn thats tragic,
As for me- I now find myself in Yanbu sans luggage despite being told assured I was going to Al Jubayl.
Fiddle dee dee.
Any expats around?

This might be a bit late to answer this post but. PreTech is one of the worst locations you can ever work. The owner is a banker and he deals with construction business the same as he deals with his own banks.
If you are a Manager, the owner will arrange meetings monthly or weekly to ask about profit and losses! The same as on he share stock market, He does not care what kind of business PreTech is... All he wants to know is Profit and losses.
Now there is a Saudi Guy doing the owners' job and he lives in Jeddah, he is not interested to know the difference between Hollow Core Slabs and one KG of cucumber! and he will only blame the Management in a manner which is considered mostly insult!

Further, Yanbu as a city has no facilities the only place to live which is considered  for Humans is Radison BLU or Movenpic Hotel.
No other location is possible to live, So if they provide you with this accomodaton and give you good salary, do it! But Be careful of the owner's sons!!