Grocery stores in Edinburgh

What are some great Grocery stores in Edinburgh? How about Farmer's markets?

Like many other countries, we more or less have supermarkets chains throughout the UK.

Asda is always popular, Llidl is one of two german companies known for their supposedly cheaper brands, Tesco's is another favourite, and Sainsbury is often seen as being a bit more upmarket LOL.  There are others, but it is worth googling Asda and Tesco to compare prices to what you currently pay.  Asda and Tesco do a great range of clothes and homeware too.  And most supermarkets have a whoopsie time where they mark products down considerabley at the end of day. 

I am not from Edinburgh, although I know it fairly well, so not sure how often they have Farmer's markets.  Where I lived they used to have them once a month, but the stuff was often pricey.

Edinburgh also has some great speciality shops for cheeses, wines, etc just off the Royal Mile.

Our supermarkets may not have the extensive range seen in some american stores, but there is plenty to chose from.

I say that because I am currently in NZ - semi retired, and the supermarkets here are terrible -  as well as being expensive.   I can't wait to get back to Scotland. 

I hope you enjoy Edinburgh. :)