abaya

#3 21 December 2010 00:19:48

amegy
amegy
Riyadh

Re: abaya

Looks like the evolution of the Abaya/Face-cover, but the first pic to the left (which is the last chronologically) has been blacked-out!

#6 21 December 2010 15:19:29

amegy
amegy
Riyadh

You know what I think though!  Just like the Abaya is mandatory for women, all men should dress in "thawb"!  That'll be so cool, don't you think Nonz :)

#8 22 December 2010 11:00:38

musicman
musicman
Riyadh

i dont see the Ape anywhere? Darwin will be disappointed?

#11 31 January 2011 21:17:19

kamiii
kamiii
Riyadh

amegy wrote:

Looks like the evolution of the Abaya/Face-cover, but the first pic to the left (which is the last chronologically) has been blacked-out!

Arabic is read from Right to Left, so tats their way of correctly displaying the chronological order... evolution of the abaya..you got that right  !!! the current state is too obscene to be displayed :)

#13 04 February 2011 02:18:13

expatmama
expatmama
Riyadh

Very cute and true pictuere. I have a friend who stays here long she told me that 3 years ago wearing a head cover was obligatory & motawwa even asked women to cover their faces. I'm afraid in couple of decades girls  in the streets will be in jeans and Tshirt showing their naked  belly-buttons. Saudi Arabia, we are loosing you!

#14 04 February 2011 13:38:00

MaserMan
MaserMan
Riyadh/Gullane

expatmama wrote:

Very cute and true pictuere. I have a friend who stays here long she told me that 3 years ago wearing a head cover was obligatory & motawwa even asked women to cover their faces. I'm afraid in couple of decades girls  in the streets will be in jeans and Tshirt showing their naked  belly-buttons. Saudi Arabia, we are loosing you!

Think it will be a lot sooner than that.

Anyway whats wrong with walking around in clothes?

#19 22 February 2011 23:54:02

Sahar87
Sahar87
Riyadh

I Loved wearing Abayas in Dubai, until I got here and it was mandatory...just wasnt as fun & free...
Oh well do what you gotta do right?
Plus im a Hijabi so it works well for me :)

4 members online in Saudi Arabia

Expatriate health insurance Riyadh
Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Riyadh.
>> Click here
Expat banking Riyadh
Discover the benefits of expat banking for people living and working abroad.
>> Click here
Moving to Riyadh
A few tips from professionals about moving to Riyadh.
>> Click here
Travel insurance Riyadh
Don't worry and travel happy across Riyadh.
>> Click here