Working in Nokia Espoo

Hi,
I will be working in Nokia espoo location.Anyone working in Nokia or who can guide about it
please reply or send me a message

Regards

Welcome to Espoo, Finland.
What kind of advices u want?
Rgds
Justin

Hello Justinkk,

Thanks for replying, Finland is a new place for me .
I just wanna know about work culture in Nokia espoo.Is it cool or hectic?
does it has good events for employees
also howz night life and any good events at weekend ?
is there good places to see near it and roam.
Nokia announced 800 job cuts last week so is it wise to go for it ..also at third party's pay roll initially..

plz suggest

Hi TestUser8!!
What is ur good name mate?
Don't worry about Espoo Nokia office bcaz lot of Indians/Asians working as well. It is a cool environment for work and employee as well.
Finnish also so nice, helping and genuine people and can talk good English.
Weekend up to ur poket strength.. Helsinki the capital of Finland is very ideal place for all ur expectations. It is only 30 mins far away from ur office.
And lot of jobs under contracts only so just put ur steps in Finland then feel cool...n njoy well this horror weather...
All d best. !!!
Cheers,
Justin

I dont work for the N company but they are my client. work is not hectic unless you say YES to everything thrown at you.

Events for employees - YES, but you are not an employee. You still can participate but you have to pay for it. And the Christhmas events are over so you will have to wait for summer I guess.

There is not much to see and roam at the moment coz you can barely walk a few yards in the cold. But come summer and every street will be fit for sight seeing.

I live far away from both Helsinki and Espoo, but can tell you that you that they have good night life. I live in a very small city and there is plenty of pubs and clubs here. I have spent every weekend out in pubs and clubs with my colleagues so it has been fun. Christmas is gonna be a bit lonely though.

Helsinki has a good public transport network as well.

Dont restrict yourself to being with Indians, you will find that its great to hang out with locals and other expats as well.

I agree with justinkk on the weather, I'm just back from Helsinki and it was -11 there, its not so much the temperature but the winds.

Make sure you bring good jackets, preferably good thick wool or goose feather. Bring woolen or leather gloves and a muffler or headcap that can cover your ears. And wear a woodland shoe that has a good sole. I brought the shoe here but the first few days was hard and I did slip a few times on the smooth snow.

Its very difficult to buy the right jacket since we have never seen such cold before.

Hello Justin and bijucyborg,

Many thanks for guiding.My name is Saurav
Yeah I also feel I should buy some clothes for extreme cold as have not lived in such extreme cold conditions . (without sun for so long ) .

How do people generally commute in so extreme climate and is everything open(schools,all markets everything , etc )  in winters too

According to you as I am third party so it means I have to pay for various events at N.

It will be great to work and interact with locals and i know they are warm people irrespective of cold climate here :)

Are there laundry services in finland and espoo. ?
I will try to make food myself  and any indian restuarents there ?
what are telecom providers there.. and charges to call to India and do we get indian TV channels also there ..

Also can you share any important sites which can by helpful to me

Many regards
Saurav

How do people generally commute in so extreme climate and is everything open(schools,all markets everything , etc )  in winters too

I walk 4 kms to office to and fro. Next month I plan to buy a bicycle with stud tyres to cycle on snow. Some people find this very cumbersome but I consider this a good exercise. In Helsinki there are trams and there is a metro as well. Am not sure whether this extends to Espoo.

According to you as I am third party so it means I have to pay for various events at N.

So far I have had one lunch and one high tea without paying. But the Christmas party definitely needed a payment. I dont think you should be worried about this, especially coz you have some many other things to worry about.

It will be great to work and interact with locals and i know they are warm people irrespective of cold climate here 

Are there laundry services in finland and espoo. ?
I will try to make food myself  and any indian restuarents there ?
what are telecom providers there.. and charges to call to India and do we get indian TV channels also there ..

You will have a laundry room per building or a washing machine in your room. I havent see a laundry shop so far.

Also can you share any important sites which can by helpful to me

infopankki.fi/en-GB/home/ - Everything you need to know about moving to Finland
Long distance trains - vr.fi/
Bus - matkahuolto.fi
Appartment Search - vuokraovi.com andn oikotie.fi

Use google chrome to automatically translate pages or check if the site has an english interface.

Tervetuola Suomea

Hi Bijucyborg,

Thanks for guiding .
If anyone can tell which places are close to Nokia Espoo office to stay on rent
Thanks

I am currently searching accomodation at

http://www.vuokraovi.com/vuokraovi/main … ion?page=2

I want residence near Nokia espoo head office

preferably furnished one, (with/without sauna )

please guide me the areas and approximate rents without/with furnishing..

Also I am quiet confused about taxing
There is finnish state tax and  .Also espoo municipality tax
what will be the net tax?

Plz suggest