How long does it takes to obtain work permit in tanzania

dear all,
i have got an offer in dar es salaam for job pls tell me how long does it takes the company to obtain the work permit .2) i am offered usd 1800+medical insurance pm is that enough for me i have two kids and my wife with me.

Hi rajeevshweta, welcome on Expat-blog! :)

This thread may help you to have an idea on the Cost of living in Tanzania : https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=5102

I wish you good luck and i hope other members will be able to advice you. :)
Christine

gud, to get work permit it will take around 2 to 3 months

HI
TWO MONTHS OR LESS ,MAKE A GOOD SURVEY BEFORE YOU SIGN ANY CONTRACT.
FURR

Get further details about the company before you join or else see the posts in this forum it may help you.

work permit takes about 3 months

I guess it would depend on where you live but that seems a little low to live on in Dar? What do others think?

My work permit took 3 months

to get work permit it took's not less than 3 months,provided you hav all the documents ready.and work permit fee also increased in the FY budget sessions in Tanzania.

I have obtained two working permits upto this moment - the first took almost 3 months , the second - only ca. 3 weeks .
So it seems eveything depend of the company where are you working and their contacts.
Some people are telling that is more easier to obtain directly TZ passport as to obtain a permit ......

boss how can u get tz passport, even if u CAN, make sure it is originall.bcz some people say they can make but im not sure it will be original. and for permit it is easy ,if ur company has good contact with immigration department.it will take max 3 month, AND FROM AUG 2011 PERMIT FEES RISES FOR CLASS "B"(EMPLOYEE) US$ 1500 FROM 620 AND FOR CLASS"A"(INVESTOR) US $ 2000 FROM 1600. TAKE CARE

I agree 100% with taufiq.

If it`s original first you shall see your name in the newspaper ....naturalisation after 5 years living in tz ....

Hi all,
My husband is working in Arusha.I may join with him hopefully in Oct wth our son.I am a M.Phil graduate from India and have 3yrs of teaching experience from a private institute.I would like to work in Arusha,any advice and tips or suggestions to get a job there?

hello all I m Rakesh, nd new to dis forum I am in a big dilemma. I m getting a student visa for pearl hotel collage of
hm and catering. and they said that they would provide me a c1 work permit after 6 months of study and 6 months of internship. it this a good deal or they are playing around me? plz reply me.

Hi, can you please guide me also how to get job in Tanzania?

@Khan Musti - You should start a new thread on the Dar es Salaam forum with your questions on work. :)

Thank you,
Aurélie

I like your nickname!! Nieves Tortilla
:)

It takes  only two to three weeks bt if your in Tanzania.  (Moderated: no free ad on the forum pls + register in the business directory)

What documents do you need to have to register a company in Dar es Salaam and how does it cost?