U must be in Jordan

Come on Sheila we are nice people too why don't you admit shall invite you to kinafe to let you say nice thing about us :-)

U must be in Jordan(or Amman per say)when

i) the pavements are planted with trees.. :)
(good workout mothers like me pushing strollers..ups and downs.. not to mention that the pavements are never of the same level)

ii)car garages are turned into salons, minimarts etc etc

Yazan_Dababneh wrote:

if you don't like MANSAF, then you are an alien...

Thanks for your compliment: I don't like mansaf but I can make it.:cool:

wafaa saadeh ohh sorry if i say some words...i know some jordanian are good people...and jordan is open country confair to other place in middle east,but the prblem is all things here is getting expensive...well i just comment only what i noticed in jordan,every country we have different culture?traditon that forighner people dnt like...thanks for inviting,i know jordan behavior now coz i stay and work for 4 yrs...always SMILE..... PEACE....cheers

Yes Sheila expensive nothing to say for that :-( still you are invited to kunafah sweets will make everything sweet in your eyes hehehehe  .

wafaa saadeh ohh thanks for inviting but really dnt really eat sweet it wel make me fat im on diet and i want to be healty unlike peaople out there always eating sweet and the got diabetes and getting fat ass...hehehehehehehe,PEACE

I totally agree with most of your points :)

I only tried Chicken Mansaf and I had it on Platters Talabay. Actually, at first...I really don't like it but what I realized, it depends on how you cook it because some people were just cooking without tasting it at all. Home made is still the best :)

Most of the points here were true :) But, as a Foreigner expat...it's just irritating when kids/adults in Aqaba downtown called us Chinese because we have long hair ( history of chinese spa massage with extra service ) then they think were Sharmuta where in fact, were HOTELLIERS and it's annoying when they call us ALIBABA because we shop too much and we pay everything from our money because were working hard for it. Aside from that, everything is ok here. I think, they just need to open their mind that Jordan is becoming a Tourist spot and they must respect other nationalities especially the kids who doen't behave well.

You are right but unfortunately most women who came from the Philippines are housemaids, nanny or servants.
There is nothing wrong with that but somehow the Jordanians thinks they have the right to look down on these women.
I know several Philippines women who are married with an expat or work here (not as a housemaid) and I heard some stories that you made feel sad. Treated disrespectful to them is one of the most common thing what happened to them.

About the children: yes I still have the same experiences, brute staring, talking about me when they think I cant understand them and so on. But they are kids and they don't know better. For them it is very interesting to see people from another culture, especially when a woman is not covered and you are in an traditional area.

I think those womens you're referring too were in Amman but 90% of us here in Aqaba were Hotelliers but theres nothing wrong with their chosen profession,it's just sometimes they look down on them which is really sad. Yes I do understand arabic too that's why sometimes I'm in trouble because I always confront them hahaha :) Anyway, I still love Jordan and soon...I'm gonna be full residents here. Gonna get married maybe next year with my 3 Years Fiance which is a Jordanian. I just love this site because I met new and nice people like you :)

The same Experience i been through,but then,i get used to it..the worse part is,i became Mean  :mad:

coz somehow,i learned that in Jordan especially ; If you are Nice,you are weak...but that Stage is Past now,i make lots of Expat Friends and one of them is Primadonna (i love her a Bunch)  :heart::kiss:

:kiss: Love you too Katie girl  :par:

Kate29 wrote:

The same Experience i been through,but then,i get used to it..the worse part is,i became Mean  :mad:

coz somehow,i learned that in Jordan especially ; If you are Nice,you are weak...but that Stage is Past now,i make lots of Expat Friends and one of them is Primadonna (i love her a Bunch)  :heart::kiss:

One has not to become mean just because others are! This makes one not any different! Avoiding such behaviour on the long term is still the best answer, Being nice is no weakness, looking down on others is real weakness. People of this kind suffer from feelings of inferiority.. They don't mean it, they are just weak inside...