Job Opportunity to work with Saudi Electric Company

I have been selected by Saudi Electric Company to work as a Project Engineer they offered me 7706 SR Basic ,600 Transportation, Medical Coverage, Housing 25% of the basic plus end of service bonus can some body give me some gidance that if i bring my family then how much will be the cost of living and educational expenses etc

Hi Shoaib,

The package doesnt look great.

Ask your potential employers about education allowance for the children. Lots of employers do give an educational allowance. Otherwise educational fees vary depending on the school and can be expensive.

Your housing allowance will get you an apartment (outside of a compound)

Do not expect to save a vast amount from that package.

If you serach this forum you will find that cost of living expenses has been listed in several discussions.

Hope this helps

shoaib wrote:

I have been selected by Saudi Electric Company to work as a Project Engineer they offered me 7706 SR Basic ,600 Transportation, Medical Coverage, Housing 25% of the basic plus end of service bonus can some body give me some gidance that if i bring my family then how much will be the cost of living and educational expenses etc

Is this a direct employment offer from SEC or thru a contract company in SAUDI? I know SEC offers the package greater than what has been offered to you, so just assuming you have been selected by a third party consultancy/org. As you can get a lot of posts/blogs about cost of living in RIYADh, would feel this is not a package for savings for a family with children and a low par package offered to you if you r going to go and work for SEC, would suggest to do some more home work please.............

hello all,

I got this post of my interest, so I am writing with reference to Shoaib's post.

I also got an opportunity from SEC with basic salary SR 10,070 and all other perks are same (as mentioned by Shoaib).

Would somebody please suggest me, either its good pay to move with my family (wife and 2 children) ?

Hello umarriaz and welcome to Expat.com!

To note that this thread is dated 2010. Do not hesitate to start a new one on the Dammam forum for more visibility. :)

Thank you,
Aurélie

Thanks for your reply.

Hi friends,
I am Vamsi working in L&T (total 5yrs exp). I am going to attend interview for Saudi Electricity Company soon. They informed that there will be a written test and face to face interview in Mumbai. Can any body please tell me the selection procedure, written test pattern, interview pattern or some other information. Looking your valuable suggestion.
Thank you.

The offer is good enough, but not very attractive...

Hi Friends,
I am from India. I got a job offer from Saudi electricity company with total package around 16000 SAR. I have 15 years of total experience and my job location will be near Jeddah. Is it a good offer with which I can think of shifting to Jeddah with my family? My family includes my wife and one Son. What is the saving potential with this salary ? How much bonus they pay annually, if anybody has any idea.Kindly suggest.
With Warm Regards,

sp2013 wrote:

Hi Friends,
I am from India. I got a job offer from Saudi electricity company with total package around 16000 SAR. I have 15 years of total experience and my job location will be near Jeddah. Is it a good offer with which I can think of shifting to Jeddah with my family? My family includes my wife and one Son. What is the saving potential with this salary ? How much bonus they pay annually, if anybody has any idea.Kindly suggest.
With Warm Regards,

SEC is a very reputed employer and the salary on offer is good. You will be able to live comfortably in this pay - and saving depends on your habits. Bonus is based on performance and can range between 4-5 salaries per year on average.

my friend.if u want saving from u salary.then u cannot save money when u braught u family permananet.