Looking for a good music store in Riyadh?

Hi everyone
does anybody knows about any good musical store from where i can found electric guitar, ive gone through some big shopping malls but didnt find any.

Thanks

Hey Xain!

Try the Al-Akaria mall in Olaya. They use to have some good music stores on the ground floor a while back.

There is a store on the 2nd floor of Faisaliah shopping mall

Oh u may go to Shola market in Malaz it has many music stores :)

Thanks every one, well i have also found a shop in Granata Mall but that was not very impressive :) i didnt see any good brands there, well ill visit Akaria and Faisaliayh.
@ nonz: i never been to Malaz, do u know if there are good stores there??

Theres one in

Al al Faisalia Tower Mall is about the only one in Ryadh otherwise Bahrain

keep it real dude

as nonz said, there are some music stores in shola, but been there only once so cant say about electric guitar... there is a shop where i saw some electric guitars and good ones; its in batha. i think the place is called 5 or 3 buildings... theres a YAMAHA shop there. i recommend this as i think it will be a lot cheaper than other places

Thanks guys, well i went to Faisaliya mall this weekend n i saw one shop there n also saw the Yamaha electric guitar in display but unfortunately the shop was closed at that time,i think that was too late. Shahab dude im new in town n i dont know about much places here,can u explain where Batha place is or if you have the GPS coordinates of that area then it will be very easy for me.

[large]Check for the aDawliah store, here in eastern province they have several branches and selling musical instruments and sound systems.[/large]

Well...when ya find one, keep me in mind.  I play blues harp with a couple bands here in the states and will be relocating to Riyald in July.  Just a way to say "hello" I guess.>>

hey Michael,nice to hear frm u dude,well definitely if i make my stay here till july, we'll rock together :)

xain... sorry dude dont have the coordinates... ask any taxi driver to take u to the five buildings in batha it seems... the shop can be seen from the huge parking lot there... i m sure there might be more shops but as far as i know, this might be cheap and its branded too

Xain, ( HELAT ALGESMAN) I think in south of riyadh or center of it! But I am sure with name's of this place.
Best Wishes,

Hey have u found one?

not yet,i went to faisaliyah but shop was closed n i also wana check in batha five building mall but dont know where is it :( also dont know where is malaz...i'll search these places this weekend,otherwise i'll buy it from faisaliyah.

Hi Xain.  Read your blog with interest.  I'm new to KSA and have similar interest in music.  Found the same shop in Granada and thought it disappointing.  I've seen the Yamaha shop as I was driven to the that area but not had chance to return yet.  The word on our compound is that musical equipment is between 30 & 50% more expensive than Europe/USA.

I've actually had some of my kit transported out here (as the company paid seemed the best deal).  I intend to visit the shops on the blogs and will post info as and when I get there.  Good luck.

I'm selling mine. Fender stratocaster

Hi Eltel,Good to know you have same interest, well i went to Dawaliah shop in Faisaliyah and bought Yamaha electric guitar pack that includes everything for a starter. I bought it for 1200 SAR few months back (Still i touched it a couple of times). You can compare prices with europe/usa.

Xain-

You and I are in the same boat.  I just got here a couple weeks ago, and am looking for a shop to pick an axe and amp up from... Have you located a good store yet?  I'm hoping to find someone that carries Charvel, Fender, Gibson or Ibanez... Amp, however is specific, as I am partial to Marshall and Mesa Boogie.

Any help is appreciated, as I miss playing....

Erick

there is Rotana store in Kingdome Mall ..
try that .. maybe you can find something useful .. but in the end you can find anything in the web ..

Yes, but shipping on something like thats gonna COST... I already looked into having my rig sent over, but it'd be more cost effective to get one here....

Regards,

E

Ackeles wrote:

there is Rotana store in Kingdome Mall ..
try that .. maybe you can find something useful .. but in the end you can find anything in the web ..

ohh! i understood you wrong ..

hmm .. as i remember the good music stores you are searching for is in Akariyah ..
ill ask few friends and ill get back to you ..

Awesome, I'd appreciate it :)

i called few friends and they told me the best place is Aldowaliyah shops .. in Akariyah or any other one related to them ..

sorry i couldent help that much .. :/

Its all good... If worse comes to worse, Ill just have mine shipped....

Ackeles wrote:

i called few friends and they told me the best place is Aldowaliyah shops .. in Akariyah or any other one related to them ..

sorry i couldent help that much .. :/

Can you send a pic and are you selling an amp with it?  Whats its condition?

borntobemild wrote:

I'm selling mine. Fender stratocaster

Hi everyone

Similar sort of question really, I have recently moved out here and am looking to get an acoustic guitar to jam on. Anyone know the best shops to get me one?

Thanks

Hey dude, just try the al akaria mall in olaya.. dont go batha.. i already been there.. and now i will go akaria to buy a yamaha efx...

i hope you go to akaria too. that is the only place i think where you can buy great yamaha products..

PLEASE HELP. Is there someone knows where to buy these specific gears: a. IBANEZ electric GUITAR, b. BOSS GT10, c. PEAVEY bandit/envoy. here in RIYADH SAUDI ARABIA??? tnx sooo muchh....

Faisaliyah Mall, Its on 3rd floor.
it is very close to the food court and SABB ATM Machine.
They sale all sort of music instruments.
If yo are looking for Music store for CDs & DVDs... same floor.... opposite site... called Rotana...

Hope the information will help you...

sophia ally & friends... Specifically, do you know where to buy "IBANEZ" electric guitars? because, there in buildig 5 batha, i saw only fender and Les Paul electric guitars..

ooooooh.... No Ibanez here in Riyadh... Ibanez could be in Bahrain and Kuwait... Boss GT10 and the New BoSS GT100 is in batha building 5, or Faisaliah tower... 3rd Floor...

I buy also in Adawliah Store acoustic they have good brand there, Does any here know where i can buy good usb microphone for studio, like Blue Yeti Brand, tnx....

meron din sa adawliah sir, nag inquire ako batha dati, kaso naubusan sila ng stock. baka ngayun meron na. pero ibang brand ang meron sila, nakalimutan ko na kung anong Interface brand yun pang USB computer na meron sila.

Tnx, I will Check adawliah Khobar masmalapit,

Hello tukmol07.

As this is an english forum, i would kindly advise you to post your message in english in order for us to understand what you're saying.

Thank you for your comprehension.

Karen.

Hi,

you can go to Al batha where you can find adawliah

Good Luck

hello Capt Tripps welcome in riyadh by the way what is blues harp? thanks

Hi ricanna12,

Welcome to Expat-Blog :)

Please note that this thread is a bit old ..2010 :D

Thank you

Maximilien
Expat-blog Team

sorry im just a new user here..yeah i realized it when i've already post a message lol..haha thanks anyway dude...