Moved to Islamabad

hi moved to islamabad shortly...

Hi nilmanigautam, welcome on Expat-blog! :)

Your discussion has been introduced as a new thread on the Islamabad forum for better networking.

All the best,
Christine

hello nilmai, welcome to islamabad and warm wishes, how are you? where do you come from? india?

well come to all that people who moves to pakistan
and from all pakistan i want to tell him that
WELL COME TO PAKSITAN
[Moderated]

Hi Everyone....my family and I are living in Canada and are thinking of moving to islamabad over the summer months in between school break.  What is the life like over there for a family with 3 kids ages 6,5, and 1.5 years old?  What is the cost of living like for a 3 - 4 bedroom place?  I would be by myslef with the kids for a month at a time because my husband works in iraq so it would be just the kids and I and our dog :)  Where is a safe community to rent a place?
Thanks, any help would be great so we can decide.  Also do you know what visa requirments we might need?

Hi Kpearson;
Dont know if u got required information. For travelling to Pakistan better you get visa from Pakistan Embassy in your country so Pakistan goverment knows before your travel your details etc. and travel dates its good for your own security. For Visa requirements you only need to mention your purpose of travelling and days etc. and if u know already ur address there. Normally you can get visa on arrival but its good to get one in advnace to be on safe side.

Islamabad safe, accomodation etc depends on what is your budget and exactly how many days or months you want to stay, as to find a place for rent and then to furnish etc will take time and logitics efforts, you can find guesthouses also in main sectors.

let me know if you want particular informaiton, I am expact from Pakistan and in Kenya.
rgds,
Hamid

hi kpearson,

Islamabad is quite safe and hopefully u ll be having a good time with ur kids. For u i wud recommend to find accomodation in Diplomatic Enclaves. Its quite safe area with beefed up security due to scores of foriegners living there. One 2 bed furnished flat  will cost u not less than 1500 USD per month. If thats expensive for u than u can rent a portion in F-6 or F-7 sectors. They ll cost you around  60K - 100K PKR per month. U must be having a car to spend good time in islamabad.
I had been living in islamabad for many years but recently had to leave to pursue career abroad. let me know if u need further details.