New members of the Ukraine forum, introduce yourself here – 2016

Hi all,

Newbie on the Ukraine forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Ukraine if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

PD : The thread New members of the Ukraine forum, introduce yourself here – 4th quarter of 2015 continues below!

hi, my names howard, I'm a musician, singer songwriter/guitarist, i have been coming to ukraine since 1990.
i first came here to play concerts in some cities and also in the baltic, and a few in russia, i returned to kyiv again and again, more recently in the last 2 years i stumbled upon a very happening healthy music scene mainly in podil/kontraktova,  from then on i have met lots of friends, mainly musicians , but right across the board people from all walks of life. i have been resident in the uk but now I'm thinking of a semi permanent move to kyiv. i love the people and the area very much. you can usually find me drinking coffee and playing guitar in one of the numerous cafes in kontraktova/podil. i am looking for a nice apartment to rent for this coming summer from may onwards if anybody has any ideas for me. i love the andrews decent up the hill, and that lovely street that runs off the foreign ministry and down past the church, i can't remember the name of that street, but i would love to rent there.

I love Ukraine!!!! I wish I could live here forever!!!!!

Hi I'm a newbie and I really want to work and live with my fiancé in Ukraine I'm a hotel and restaurant management graduate and presently living and working in dubai I was working in a cruise ship as well before we move to dubai ( me and my fiance)
But now we are planning to live and settle down in her motherland

hi i am a newbie in this forum and i got an offer to participate in humanitarian project in ukraine which will be in september and after finishing it i would like to continue my academic studies in ukraine so i am asking the help of some exptiates of citizens of ukraine regarding some information about universities and life style snd cost and accomodation in ukraine and if part time job is allowed or not ? thanks a lot for your help have a nice day all

Hello everyone.
You can call me Mo
I am an American Citizen who lives in Kentucky.
I am sorry , I do not know what I am doing on this site, the reason I joined this site to look for my brother who has been missing in Ukraine since December 15 - 2015.
He was in vacation in Sharm- El Sheikh Egypt, met a beautiful lady from Ukraine, they traveled together to Ukraine and we did not hear from him since. 12/15/2015.
I was trying to find some one in Ukraine who help me looking for him, and I got this site, so I joined to connect with people on the site from Ukraine.

So I hope , I am not bothering any one.
Thank you again
Mr. Mo

Hi, My name is Bruce and I am looking to join my fiancé Ukraine very soon. I am a contract Programme Manager for business and IT units in Banks, Insurance, Telecoms companies. I am also a certified business trainer/teacher and hold a number of qualifications including a PhD.

I have been to Ukraine Kiev, Odessa many times and want to join my fiancé ASAP, so will also be looking for work soon.

Nice to meet you all.

Wow that is frightening. Have you heard anything since?

Hi Mo, I just saw your post about your brother. My name is Craig, I'm originally from Greenville, SC. I live in Kyiv, Ukraine and have lived in Ukraine on and off for over 6 1/2 years. Have you heard any news from or about your brother? I teach English, but am primarily a volunteer helping the soldiers in the war that's happening in the East. I've been to the front line many times taking donations, so I have friends all over Ukraine and in the government. If you haven't heard anything still then you can give me more details about him, where he was going (city), girls name if known, etc. And I'll see what I can find out.

Hi Everyone,

My name is Mohamed 41 yo but you can call me Mo.

My first visit to Ukraine was late 2007/2008 where I first met my wife and now we are happily married for almost 2 years.

We lived in Kiev then Odessa then back to Kiev, I have internet business that allows me to work from anywhere but right now I am changing the game and started doing local business

1 of them online/offline just launched a new website offering travel assistance and concierge services such as over the phone translation to help non Russian speaking to freely get around Ukraine without worrying about per example ordering a taxi or asking for some medicine at the pharmacy etc... we also offer other services such as notarized document translation, flat search/rent, full concierge services for short/long term or just pay as you go per day or per hour

The second business that i am doing right now is import/export within Ukraine I am not new to export/import business but Ukrainian market is very specific and I am still exploring the opportunities.

I would like to meet new people here to discuss and share experiences, and if I can be of any help to anyone I would love to help

Wish you all a great day

Mo

Can I ask what sort of contacts you need to do import export for Ukraine? I am also interested in this. Perhaps we can share thoughts and i can be of use to you.

Hi Slxny, I don't mind sharing my basic experience in Ukrainian import/export "I am still learning" but your question is very broad some cargo is simple to deal with some are very complicated you need to decide which sector/commodity you want to trade make extensive research and have reliable shipping and custom clearing company, you also need to decide if you will be delivering the cargo FOB, CIF or you will have your own warehouse and you will make distribution as well.
you can send a PM and we will see if i can be of help to you

I will PM you tomorrow. I didn't want to be rude but being specific right away and pry into your business. Talk to you soon.

slxny wrote:

I will PM you tomorrow. I didn't want to be rude but being specific right away and pry into your business. Talk to you soon.

Don't worry I am open minded and would like to help Ukraine has great business potentials and i believe there are plenty of room for everyone. Talk to you tomorrow

The Story of Mo. is a very sad one. and i wish him luck in it. but you my friend. you got a very kind heart.

Hi. My name is Jeff.  I am currently in Virginia. Getting my affairs in order to go live in Kharkov, Ukraine. Everything is ready for me there but could someone please tell me the best way to go about getting a Perminent Residence Permit? I read you need to first get an Immigration Visa but could not find any information on where exactly to apply for one or what documents I need. I am scheduled to leave the USA on 25 May 2017 so I need to get the ball rolling on this. If anyone could give me any kind of information on this I will be greatful. Thank You!

Hello,
My family came from Ukraine and I am thinking about going back to essentially have a new start in life.  I taught algebra at a state university, counseled veterans, and worked for a space company.  Single now, children grown, and considering all things Ukraine seems to have both challenges and opportunities.

Hello Jeff,
It sounds very exciting what you're doing!  My wife is Ukrainian so maybe it's a little different,but I understand being married is the easiest way.  I looked into it and was told I have to start the paperwork outside of Ukraine in the USA through the Ukrainian embassy. A friend of mine was living in Ukraine with his wife and they told him he had to go back to USA and apply first,so he was just doing alot of border crossings to stay legal for several years.

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=640260

Thanks!

Closed