New members of the Singapore forum, introduce yourself here – 2016

Hi all,

Newbie on the Singapore forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Singapore if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

PD : The thread New members of the Singapore forum, introduce yourself here – 4th quarter of 2015 continues below!

Hi,
This is my 8th years in Singapore and the time sadly has to come for me to embark a new role at the same company to the land of the rising sun, where my wife comes from.
I'll be heading an HR department in Tokyo and would need some advise from any one here who has been living in Tokyo before.
I have a 2 years old son, and is still looking for a decent place to live in Tokyo
Apparently the apartment in Tokyo is not as spectacular as in Singapore, mainly old or really old, the rent for a little nicer one has a sky high rental fee.
Open to any advise from anyone :)
Thanks

Fresh off the boat from Texas, been here a bit over a month, moved specifically for a job opportunity and the opportunity to live abroad of course.  Would love the opportunity to meet new people, while exploring the city and or country!  :heart:

Hi there! I'm Victoria, I'm 22 and I arrived in Singapore a month ago for an internship. After a 3-month experience in Manila, I really wanted to come back in Asia, so here I am, I'll stay until July. I'd love to meet new people to hang out in Singapore and to travel in the countries around. :)

Hello everyone I'm a globetrotter and in Singapore now and am helping to run a tuition agency here. We are looking for more language tutors for our website especially in Japanese, Korean etc. Please let me know if anyone is interested :)

@ KendraBlair > This topic is for the introduction of the new members only. If you wish to recruit some new tutors, i rather invite you to post in the Jobs in Singapore > Language teacher as it is more appropriate.

Thanks for your consideration,

Priscilla  :cheers:

Ok thank you. I'm new to this forum too :)

Hello Victoria how are well come to singapore .I think you from France I been france really nice place .ok you cam for internship thats nice did you like singapore ?

Im from singapore what are u doing here in singapore

Hi, looking for a German tutor here in Singapore, if  keen kindly message me or refer anyone who can and is interested, thanks a lot:)

The best German language classes in Singapore are at the Goethe Institute. They may also be able to help you find a private tutor.

Hi all,
I host networking get together for expats and entrepreneurs on Friday evenings. Objective is to just chill out and share ideas and resources & a couple of laughs over some food and drinks..very successful so far...it's free and an informal gathering...to join just WhatsApp or text me on ***

I also teach conversational Mandarin classes and I work in travel technology as my day job.

Best,
Dalvinder

Moderated by Priscilla 7 years ago
Reason : Do not post your personal contact details on a public forum for your own security

Hi Dalvinder,

Welcome to the forum.

Please do not publish your contact number in an open forum. For safety reason you should mention, who ever is interested, send you a private mail instead.

Your message may be removed by admin. Thanks

Hi Dalvinder - and welcome to the forum!
You can also list your gatherings in this site's events section.

Sure, got it.

Hi,
I've just moved to Singapore since Jan 2016 and settled down, I'm looking for some friends to go for some casual dinner and drinks...

How about meeting up for a dinner ?

Hello Victoria ...😊😊 how r u ? I think fine and good. I am Razib and I live in Singapore near about 2 years . I am working here as a supervisor and I want to meet a new face and new look  and also looking a abroad job it can be holl world and at last I am waiting for its

HI! ALL

Ankita here , been in singapore since almost 4years...a mumbaikar from india...

Hi..I'm Steffy from Indonesia
I would like to try to find some job in Singapore.
Nice to know you all..

Hello everyone and welcome on board  :)

@ Steffy, i suggest you read the threads in the Working in Singapore category of the forum and add your own "looking for" advert in the Jobs in Singapore section of the website.

All the best,
Bhavna

@Bhavna

Thanks for the information dear..

Hi im mona from indonesia. Currently working and been in sg for 8 years. Nice to know you all.

Hi,

I am Raja and doing business in Singapore. I came to this forum to look for Vietnamese speaking people to help communicate with my clients in Vietnam

Hi there,

I am a Singaporean Indian.  So if you are interested in making friends with a lady, drop me a line at
XXX
Looking forward.

Moderated by Bhavna 7 years ago
Reason : Please do not post your contact details on the forum. You may exchange them via the private messaging system.Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Howdy partners,

All the way from the states for 5 years and still having a great time in Singapore!
Im a purveyor of the fine things in life and the affordable luxuries of Michelin star hawker food!

Have been here in Singapore for the past 8 years. Graduated here and just entering the workforce specifically involved in sales & marketing. Can't wait to begin! It would be more fun if I can extend my network on this forum and reach out to as many people as possible.  :)

Hi there! I am a 26 year old US architect looking to go back to Singapore. I spent my summers growing up in Singapore and even interned with Singapore HDB for 6 months while in school. All my extended family and my current boyfriend lives there currently. I am excited to look for ways to go back!

I am going to visit Singapore in October and I would love to meet expats in Singapore and hear your stories of how you relocated to Singapore.

Thanks for adding me to the forum!
Renee.

Hi there, Martin here from Singapore. I've been working as IT professional in Singapore for more than 10 years. Wanted to try the greener side of Canada, thus planning to apply for Canada PR. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hi all!

I am 34 years old and been living in Singapore for over 3 years. Currently working for an Asset Management Company specializing in the Aviation/Transport industry and participate in a number of sporting events within the region.

Looking to expand my social network as I am quite interested in sports, travelling and dining as well as connecting with other like minded people. Whilst born and bred in the UK, my family is Portuguese and I speak it fluently so also looking to connect with other Portuguese in Singapore.

Cheers
Nick

Hello everyone, this is Sokhna from Cambodia. I've studied in Singapore before. Then obtained my BA in the US. Upon my return to Singapore, I now work in big data analytics space. Happy to be back and really hope to connect with everyone. I play volleyball and chess. I also like to go on meet up and make new friends I like traveling and trying food. Let's connect!

hi beautiful people;
I am Tariq, 26 years old from Algeria.
I am so interested to live and work in Singapore.
I've got master degree in telecommunications systems, and i am currently working at the Space Agency as a Satellite Operator since almost 2 years.
I would be thankful for anyone who can recommend anything helpful.
Thanks everyone.

If you want to find a jon in Singapore, you should read and follow the advice given in the many job search discussions on this forum. The main thing is to first find out (from MoM) whether your degree is recognised by Singapore - if not then forget it! - and then figure out which skills you have that are rare and in demand in Singapore, because in all others the available locals must be hired first, so you have no chance.
Good luck - you'll need that too!

Hi!
I'm living in my country and I'm trying to find a job in Singapore, I'm willing to move ASAP, any advices guys? My mother language is Spanish, and my
Major is in international business and finance!

Thanks!

Hello dear
Welcome to u in Singapore

Christianvp: to find a job in Singapore, you need to apply for suitable openings at employers in your industry. There's already a lot of information on this forum about how to do that, which you may read. It needs lots of thorough research, frustration tolerance, patience - don't expect it to be fast! - and of course luck.
Spanish is no asset in Singapore. There is a big business and finance industry, but all depends on your specific skills and work experience (don't try if you're just a fresh graduate!).

Hi dear,
Sure u r welcome to Singapore . I wish U a happy day and happy moments to come ur life again in Singapore
Thanks

Hello,
I'm Germain. I reached Singapore on July 31st. I have been hired by an International organisation and I will be here for 3 years.
The first week was really dificult, finding accomodation. But it's cool now, I found an appart just 10 minutes to my office.
I hope I can meet new people here and enjoy my 3 years here.

Hello everyone,

I'm Natasha. I am not  an expat (yet) in Singapore. But I am planning to try my luck on my visit next month. Just try to explore the place and see where it leads. Hope I can meet some of expats who can share their views and experience in Singapore.

Regards,
N

Hey Bella,

You can go here for good food. North Indian Cuisine
https://www.google.com.sg/maps/place/Us … 03.8540139

24hrs shopping
https://www.google.com.sg/maps/place/Mu … 03.8553195

Let me know what kinda foods you looking at.
All the best.

Closed