New members of the Maldives forum, introduce yourself here – 2016

Hi all,

Newbie on the Maldives forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Maldives if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

PD : The thread New members of the Maldives forum, introduce yourself here – 4th quarter of 2015 continues below!

Hi All
i got a job offer as teacher in Maldives and moving to Maldives in 2 weeks
wish to meet some friends there for coffee

hi everyone

going to work there  soon as a bartender in a newly opened 5star resort(amari havodda)
i am so excited to get there but i dont have any idea if what will be my life there .is it ok to work there ? they said its kinda boring working in a island

regards
bryan

Hi there
I'm just about to move to the Maldives... I fly in tomorrow actually

Welcome Wasabiguru
i am also new in maldives. just 2 weeks now

Hello everyone,

Welcome on board  :)

Do not hesitate to create your own topic on the Maldives forum if you need any infos.

Wishing you all the very best
Bhavna

Hello everyone,

I moved to Maldives in 2012 still a newbie in this forum. I handle sales and marketing for one of the leading pump manufacturing company. I'm currently based in Male' city.

Regards,
Shishir

hi i am working in maldives from last three years.. enjoyed island life but now its like boring

Hello,

Giacomo, 21, from Italy here. I am doing a year long university internship at Carpe Diem Maldives and I am based in Malé. I'd really like to meet people and I'm not sure how to, so I thought It would be a good idea to start like this. Please contact me! I'm also new to the website.

Catch you later!

Hi Giacomo,

Welcome to Maldives.

Regards,
Shishir

Hi Everyone!

My name is Ruth  I am from the UK and I will soon be working in the Maldives at Kuramathi Resort.

Any tips and suggestions on what to pack would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you in advance

Ruth

Hi I'm from Sri Lanka. Would like to meet new friends. I'm based in Male

Well boring it might be. But then it helps put food on your table & even clear other bills & still give u some savings. Right?

Hi All!

I am happy to be part of this forum. My name is Lucas. I am applying to jobs posted on Maldives Jobs and I hope I will be shortlisted soon.

Can u help me to get a job in Maldives I'm from India postgraduate in engineering...2 yrs of teaching experience

Hi guys,

Im wilson currently working here in doha qatar for 4 years in hospitality and i am looking for a new career growth can anyone help me where i can send my cv for recruitment?

Regards,

Wilson

Hello everyone.

This is Shiela. My brother just got a job in Maldives as assistant manager at Reefside Maldives. Its an electronic company. I just want to check how is the life in Maldives? I am just a concerned elder sister. :) By the way I am a Filipina.

Thank you. :)

Hello everyone,

For those who are looking for a job, can you please post an advert by creating your CV in the jobs in Maldives section? This will help you.

@all > If you have any specific questions about your move to Maldives, i invite you to create a new topic on the Maldives forum for a better visibility and interactions.

This topic here is only about the introduction of new members of the Maldives forum.

Thank you,
Christine
Expat.com

which job u got there in maldives.

Hi, Me too also neq in Maldives and in this forum. My workplace  is in Thinadhoo Vaavu Atol. I am joined here in this month 2nd Nov 2016. My post is Operations Officer as a Event Coordinator. Everything is ok here but the salary isn't reasonable and also duty hour is alalmost 10 hour.
So new like you are struggling but looking for hope so keep calm and searching. hahahahahahahaha
:)
Akonmania

Hi all,
My name is Richard. I am a Nigerian and I got a job as a Storekeeper in a construction firm in male, Maldives

Hello, everybody!

I'm a Russian scuba instructor. I'm heading Maldives soon.
11 months contract.
Very nice resort.
Accommodation, food, working visa, flight back are included.
$800-2500 (salary+bonuses+tips)
I don't drink alcohol at all so i have no problem with the lack of night life in the capital.
I live in Crete so i know exactly what an island life is...

Divers, instructors, anyone who has a diving experience or has any information about what it's like to work and live there as a dive professional, please share your opinion with me.

Thank you in advance
Sincerely, Daria

Hi all,
I hope you people going good in your lives. I am new on this website.
I am a Pharmacist by profession and I have got a job offer from a Hospital from Maldives.
I would like to know what is the living cost in Maldives (Hulhumale). As it is written in the contract that they will provide food and accommodation, what kind of other expense i should expat there after moving.
I am single and can live in minimum for maximum savings. I hope I can get reply from here..
Have a good day.. :):)

Hello

I am on the hunt for a job in a resort that offers water sports and an active lifestyle.
I have over 10 years experience in hospitality and also management and have extensive wine knowledge.
Originally from Canada I speak english and French.
If anyone can recommend a resort that treats its employees well it would be really appreciated. I have seen many advertisements online however want to be sure to apply with the right resort.
Any help would be very much appreciated.
Thanks!

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=640234

Thanks!

Closed