New members of the Jordan forum, introduce yourself here – 2016

Hi all,

Newbie on the Jordan forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Jordan if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

PD : The thread New members of the Jordan forum, introduce yourself here – 4th quarter of 2015 continues below!

I am a Canadian, French and Belgium citizen.  I live in Jordan since 2010. I am retired from the tourism industry, so I had lot of free time to discover Jordan and I have do it... A lot. My expats and Jordanians friends say that I am probably one of people who know well this country.
I am interested in history archaeology, photography and nature, so Jordan is a paradise.
I drive a land rover L3 everywhere in Jordan, deserts, wadis, mountains.
Actually I work on a Jordan field and travel guide innovative concept.

I love to meet new people so I am socially implicated, I am President of La Détente Jordanienne a francophone social group with 200 members. We organize discovery, archaeology, nature tours, and social activity for our members.

I love diving in Aqaba or other places. 
I am available if people needs information concerning Jordan I like to help.

So if you need information, contacts,  or services maybe I can help you.

Welcome

Bonne journée

Hi, I arrived in Amman two weeks a go, I work for a UN agency. I speak English and Arabic fluently. Would love to make new friends in Amman.

Welcome to Jordan. And feel like ur in ur country,

Hello there

Hello Mohammad, sorry just saw your post

@ Mohammad236 > You are new on Expat.com, so can you please introduce yourself? :)

Thank you,

Priscilla

Hi Selmugh!!

I am considering moving to Jordan from Spain!!!
My husband has been offered a job but I have never been there and although everybody who has visited Jordan says it  is a fascinating country, I have many doubts in my mind about starting a new life in a different environment.... You are working for a UN agency.... which one? I wonder if you could advice me regarding the health system in Jordan... which is one of my present worries....

Thank you in advance!!

Hi Agnes  welcome on board  :cheers:

As this thread is created to give new members a place to introduce themselves to the community, it's not the purpose to ask questions.

I invite you to browse through the several topics of your interest to gain information.  If you don't find anything, you can always create a new topic https://www.expat.com/forum/post.php?fi … mp;lang=en

I'm sure there are members, including me, who can help you.

oh so sorry! you are right...i did not realize the name of the post

Hi, this is my intro. I'm a white American, part Cherokee, that does not speak any other language, who has a small amount of monthly money (900 usd) from being injured on the job, and struggle with some pain and a little disability, in an accident while in the American military. I have never fought, or desired to fight against other nations. I would like to live either in Israel or Jordan, in the South. I am looking at Ma'an, El-Gi, Aqaba. I will do whatever work I need to do to survive. I want to leave where I am, because I feel I need to make a change, due to a credit economy, and this is where I want to go.

Hello everybody, I am Daniel Simonian, born and living in Amman Jordan and originally Armenian, I am 23 years old, I can speak Arabic, English and Armenian, Actually I do not remember how I got into expat, it seems that it was suddenly and out of blue and I am curious to know about it and meet new people from different cultures and nationalities, If you need anything in Amman Jordan do not hesitate to contact me somehow as I am still discovering how to be Active here! have a nice day!

Hello Everybody
I am Feras Shabib, and i am Jordanian but i have been living outside jordan since 2006, and now i decided to come back to Jordan and start a business here.
i have open a dental center located in Amman- Khalda, and i decided to make my center a little bit different from any other dental center so i have managed to do three things:
first: the internal design for the center reception and clinics was something unique.
second: we decided that safety and honesty will be our priority
third: and in my opinion its the most important thing, its to respect patients time

thank you all, and hope to see you in my center :)

have a nice day

Moderated by Christine 7 years ago
Reason : please register your business in the business directory. Thank you.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Thanks for your helpful infos, but i think you have to post in work section  ;)

Hi. I joined yesterday but already posted questions which I have received some good responses to.

Anyway my introduction, I am Mohammed born in Germany and lived in Australia since I was 2. I have traveled to over 30 countries since college.

Last November my wife and 4 kids moved to Jordan. This November I will be joining them. I am keen to travel and show the kids some interesting places.

I was interested in working in Jordan but don't think that will happen so just plan to keep busy, learning how to read Arabic, going to the gym and doing some study.

I can speak Arabic good enough, but people can tell it's not my first language.

I don't know how long I will stay but expect at least a year.

What's up everyone,

Project manager here in the field of market research analysis and consultancy. I'm new to this thing and looking forward to meeting some foreign people to exchange languages and diversify my cultural knowledge.

Intellectual, well read, loves writing and socializing. I also speak fluent professional English and Arabic is my mother tongue.

Hi,
I am William and there is a strong possibility that I will be relocating to Amman in a month or two.  I have done most of the research I need on the relocation, but I am still concerned about getting a vehicle.  I cannot find out much about leasing and or purchasing a vehicle.  I don't think I will be on diplomat status so will have to pay the taxes if required.  At this time, I will be in country for a year or two initially.  I will be coming alone as my wife has responsibilities here in the USA.

I have lived in Asia, Europe, and some parts pretty remote, and am excited to live in Jordan and see the ancient sites. 

I only speak English.

William

welcome to Jordan mr William , there are alot of site you can search for a car here and buy a used car if you want
https://jo.opensooq.com/enhttp://jordan.hatla2ee.com/en

Hallo and welcome on board,

you buy  a car from free zone area or you can bring your car from your country...  Entering a car for Diplomat is free of Taxes.

Hello my name is Ness. I am Rwandan, married and have a 1 year old baby girl. My husband has been offered a Job in a UN organization and we are considering moving our little familly to Amman. I would love to meet friends, especially moms 😊😊 of all ages!

Am looking forward to living in Amman.

Cheers, Ness.

Hi my name is shahma.  I am currently in new york but lived in amman for 10 years before. I am fluent in English and speak and understand arabic. Would like to come back to amman if given a good job opportunity. Can anyone maybe help?

im jordanian and i would like to contact someone who can help me with englsih

hello, I moved to Jordan 2 months ago been in UAE, south Africa for 12 years and now back to Amman, looking to make friends :)

Hi!
I'm Jane! I'm a student studying in Jordan from the US!
Hoping to meet many friends from all over the world interested in living in the middle east! :D

My interests are: Art, exploration, music, fashion, baking, and language :))

I have met many great friends and locals here and have enjoyed my stay the past four months! Looking forward to the remainder of my time here^^ I am very familiar with the university area so i'd be grateful to know if anybody would like to meet^^

Let be friends!

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=640233

Thanks!

Closed