New members of the Italy forum, introduce yourself here – 2016

Hi all,

Newbie on the Italy forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Italy if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

PD : The thread New members of the Italy forum, introduce yourself here – 4th quarter of 2015 continues below!

Ciao Tutti,
I am currently living in Padova...but I have no formal home base except a storage space in California! I am currently traveling and documenting OPEN MIC AND JAM SESSIONS around the world... with Lee Oskar (of Lee Oskar Harmonicas), formerly from the famous fushion funk band WAR, backing me as one of his FEATURED ARTISTS.  I travel, find, attend and play at jams, document them onto my website: thetravelingharmonica.com  with photos and info of the Jam joints and musicians. Or you can see my Facebook page... Ms Harmonica!

I do this for retired musicians and fellow music lovers and musical travelers that want to visits locals jams and get a chance to PLAY with locals or just meet them...it's a GREAT WAY TO MAKE FRIENDS as I have learned in doing this!

As we all know, being on the road has it's perks but can also be very lonely...so I am hear to make new everlasting friends, from all parts of this earth, to share in peace, fun and of course, MUSIC! Feel free to drop me a line...I have lots of free days and nights to explore cities with. From Padova I will go to Split then back to S. Italy and then to  Sicily before the summer....then who knows after that!

My wife and I are visiting Lecce, Italy this summer and are interested in visiting with expats living in the area. Arrival is June 28 and we will be there four days.

I will be moving to Milan in two weeks for one year. I will be a graduate student at SPD/IULM and would love to meet some new friends.

Hey, my name is Maxim and I will be living in Turin for at least next month.
I am a friendly and sociable nature. :)

Hi, my name is Kat and I am seriously thinking about leaving the US for Italy. I chose Italy because my fathers people are from around Roma. Not happy about the government here in the US. I get Social Security and VA Compensation for my income. Would like any advice anyone might have......thx.

Hi kat,

I also am thinking of moving to Italy. My Grandparents were from a small town about 20 miles south of Rome. I also get SS and VA benefits. I still have a couple of cousins left in Rome.  I think the biggest issue is getting a visa longer than 90 days  Look for the US State department website on visas

Hi all. :D

I live in Johannesburg South Africa. I am currently a self employed plumber looking to get out. My family and I are considering moving to Pescara in Italy. Would be great to chat with others already living there.

Hello everyone,

Welcome on board  :)

@ Lee stoffberg, thank you for the introduction. In need of any advice or just to link up with members, please do not hesitate to create a new thread on the Italy forum.

All the very best,
Bhavna

Thank you so much.

Hi everyone
My name is Fredson white and I'm living in Savona I'm looking for Zimbabwean friends around Italy

Hi, Kat, and if Trump gets int?...I agree with you and you can reach me here in Italy at

***   I have been living in Southern Italy for 7 years now and the food and the

universal health care make it worthwhile..a presto, Wayne!

Moderated by Priscilla 8 years ago
Reason : Do not post your personal contact details on a public forum for your own security

Kat,
I am also a  vet and live of my benefits.  My parents were from Sezze about 20 miles south of Rome. Where was your family located.

Arnie

Sgtlevine wrote:

Kat,
I am also a  vet and live of my benefits.  My parents were from Sezze about 20 miles south of Rome. Where was your family located.

Arnie

:offtopic:

Please use PM to chat with other members.  This topic is for introductions of new members, let's stick to it please.  Thank you.

Romaniac
Expat.com Experts Team

Hello Lee,

We are also from Johannesburg and are in the process of moving to Italy. If you would like to meet iin Johannesburg and chat, it would be our pleasure to try and assist. We are flying back tomorrow to pack up and leave by the end of April, middle of May.

Kind regards,

Hello-

My husband and I having been traveling to Italy for about 17 years and are in the process of planning our move when we retire (hopefully in about 5-7 years).  We currently live in Denver and think we want to buy property in Umbria.  We visited the area last May and are returning again at the end of May this year.  Initially we thought Spoleto would be a good fit but we're open to other areas as long as they have at least 10,000 people.  We will be looking at property on this visit so any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks!

Hi everyone,

@ mthmoses, do not hesitate to create your own thread on the Italy forum or participate on the threads of the Find an accommodation in Italy category of the forum, this will help you get some suggestions.

All the very best,
Bhavna

Hello everyone, my name is Eva and I moved to Torino 2 weeks ago. Before i only visited this place once in a month, now I seriously live here :D Im from Slovakia, from Eastern part, where people are welcoming and warm, they talk to strangers, they smile at everyone, they enjoy life although its not very easy... My the most favourit place in Torino is Superga. Now i look for a job and study Italian. I live with my boyfriend but i miss friends and i would love to meet new people here.

i will be in Pisa, Italy from the 1st of July

Hi everyone, I'm Barry or as the locals call me here in my part of Abruzzo, 'Sonic'. Just dropping by to say hello. I've been in love with Italy for too long to mention and purchased here in 2009 and have been living here now for 4 years and wouldn't change a thing.

Hi everyone!

My names Ffion. I'm originally from Wales. I finished my undergrad last year in London and have now moved to Milan to start my Masters at Statale.

It would be great to meet others who have moved here :)

Hi

I'm originally from London. I've just moved here to start a new job (I'm a journalist for a food magazine).

Looking to meet people, hang out, eat, drink and make the best of the city. Get in touch!

Hi All - my name is Nick I live in Las Vegas and my heritage is 100% Italian. My mother's family is from a town near Cosenza. My father's mother is from Palermo and his father from a town near Foggia. My last name, untranslated is D'arcangelo (my grandfather Americanized it). I have traveled from Cervinia to Syracusa and will be going to Foggia/Bari for an extended visit soon. My plan is upon retirement to move to Italy. That plan won't take effect for some time, so for now, I will visit as much as possible, learn how to transition as an expat,  and the hardest part - get my wife on board. One thing I would really like to do is meet expats in Italy when I travel there. I think it would really help me understand how possible this is to accomplish if I meet someone living my dream. Thanks!

Hi,

I am from India, i like to meet people & thought sharing..... gossiping.

Hi all !!!
I'm from Asti, Italy!!!

Hi Kat,

Almost neighbors.....Tony from Central California and approaching retirement.  Curios to know if you have or have found a place to common questions such as:  Does the US tax your SS-Income or does Italy?  The question about taxes is overwhelming at best.  I have dual citizenship and I was born in Naples.  Curious to hear from your experiences.

Hi everyone,

@ Totonno,

Since this thread is only for the introduction of new members, i suggest you create a thread of your own on the Italy forum so that members may see your thread and guide you.

All the very best,
Bhavna

Hello,I'm Mauro,I'm from Sardinia Cagliari city, I'm in this forum in order to look fora domestic housekeepr willing to  work for me, just to clearify I would prefer if the candidate is gay, this is a serious post for a serious job position.
Thanks for attention, regards to everybody and welcome to Italy.
Mauro

Hello,

My name is Raphaelle, I'm French, 32 years old and living in London
I am working in logistics and would love to have a job opportunity in Italy

My best friend is Italian and I trying to improve my Italian everyday but I think the best would be to meet Italians in London in order to practice my speaking

Hope I'll be able to find the help I need

Thank you all
Raphy

Hi all,

I've been living near Venice for a couple of years now, working as an English teacher. I am addicted to Italy and its culture (and food!) - my favourite past time is, of course, travelling, and I write a blog (labruttafigura.com) about my experiences. I would definitely love to turn my writing into a career some day!

Nice to meet you all!
Rebecca

Hello,

I am from India and I am living in Milan (Pt. Venezia)  for a year. I am here with my husband and would love to meet new people and make friends. I am a content/technical writer by profession, and looking for some work (any work) in Italy :)

I love to travel, learn about new cultures, new food cuisines and all the new experiences. Would love to make some new friends and share with them 'the taste of India' while I get to know a bit about them.

Ciao!
Sunaina

Hello everyone and welcome on board  :)

Do not hesitate to participate on the different threads of the Italy forum for better interaction with members.

Use the scrollbar to search and select your region/city.

All the best,
Bhavna

Hi everyone!
I'm French, currently living in Belgium, and my husband is Italian from Apulia. We're planning to move to Italy soon, and we'll see where the odds bring us, probably in Milan or Rome. We're both actively looking for opportunities and I hope we'll make it before the end of the year!
Have a great day!
Marine

Hello everyone,
My name is Kristy. I am from Indonesia, love to exchange culture about Indonesia - Italy, and seek opportunities in Italy since I really love the landscape there..specially in Rome and Taormina 😊. If you would like to be my friend, I am just a message away 😄. Grazie, Buona giornata..

Hi there,

I'm Rick, currently living in venezia area. I have a temporary job in cavallino treporti in the tourism branche. I am willing to stay in the area for at least a couple years. I have got a lot of experience in tourism jobs and would like to continue in this. If anybody knows something let me know i'm up for everyhing.

Grazie

Thax give me ur email

hi. evryone im recently in holiday in milan looking for who intrested to go outside just drink and walking around city and romance

Hello Everyone, my name is Daria and I have been living in Rome for more than 10 years now. I love English language and everything English related. That's why I would really love to make new English speaking acquaintances and practice my English.
Thanks and have a great day!

Ciao everyone,

I am Nils and I was born in Toronto, Canada but was raised in Germany. I have also spent a year abroad in France as a Rotary exchange student.

Now after graduating from university in Berlin I have finally moved to Milan to live with my boyfriend! <3

Although I love hanging out with him and all his Italian friends I would really like to make some friends of my own.

So if anyone is up for coffee or a drink, let me know!

xx Nils

Hello everyone,

Im meenakshi from india its been a year since i moved to trieste. started visiting some of the best places in italy. Also looking out for job as graphic designer.

:)

Closed