New members of the Cambodia forum, introduce yourself here – 2016

Hi all,

Newbie on the Cambodia forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Cambodia if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

PD : The thread New members of the Cambodia forum, introduce yourself here – 4th quarter of 2015 continues below!

Hi forum members,

New to the forum but lived plenty of years in Asia. We are currently in Thailand and would possibly like to relocate to Phnom Penh. Over the next couple of weeks I'll be trying to get info on a few things. English schools, good business locations etc.

We plan to come over for a short trip this Month. But it would be nice to have some info before hand.

Thanks,

RJG

Hii!

My name is Alannah, I'm an American who moved to Cambodia three months ago and plan to be here for at least another year. I work at a salon / cosmetology academy and we are constantly looking for models for our students to demonstrate their skills with :D

hi,

My name is Jakob, I have lived in Cambodia for about 6 months and back now from 4 months in Denmark. I live in Phnom Penh and work as a digital nomad (basically, I took my Danish job with me, when I left for Cambodia).

Hi everyone! I am new to this forum, looking to move to Cambodia later in the year. I am Canadian and living in Toronto right now but I have also lived in the Cayman Islands and Australia. I came to this forum to get some more info on making the move. If anyone wants to add me to their contacts and stay connected until I make the move feel free!

welcome. i also plan to move to Cambodia. first week in June. from cape town, south africa. will be my first time. excited and nervous.

Hello all! My name is Kawehi (kah-veh-hee), I am moving to Phnom Penh with my boyfriend at the end of the week! We will arrive on sunday morning. I am from Hawaii and have a major love and fascination for se asia. I visited in September and now I am just ready to settle in, find some work and get traveling!

Best of fortune to you and your beau upon making this bold move. I too am fascinated by the region, having spent most of 2015 there. Looking forward to my own return too.
Be well.
Layne

Good morning!

Shakira here. I'm moving to Siem Reap in August. How is life there?

My partner and I are so excited about moving to Phnom Penh first week of June, we are counting down the days. Can't wait!!!!!!! We hope to get an apartment and find jobs and of course do lots and lots of sightseeing. He has been before but it will be my first time.

Hi everyone, my name is Weston. I'm making the move to Cambodia this summer and would love to get any helpful hints about English Language schools, places to rent, martial arts schools in the area etc.
It would be great to meet new people and make some contacts before going.

kind regards,
Weston

Hi there!

Hope you are all doing well :)

I have been now 4 times in Cambodia and I would like to take a Chance and live there till further up.
I am 24 years old and I would like to establish or acquire a bar in Siem Reap.

My question is: When I pay the Transfer fee, is the bar mine (Cambodian Citizen of my choice) or do I just lease the spot?

I hope some of you have more experience with this topic and can help me out.
Thanks in advance!

Sven

Hi there,

How's it going?

I'm new here but appreciate all the information I have been getting from all of you. I'm moving to Phnom Penh in May 2016 to take up a management position in a private higher education provider there. My current city is Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia but I've also lived in Singapore and Australia for a couple of years.

I would love to get the opportunity to meet some of you or simply keep in touch via social networking to get helpful advice about housing or just life there in general.

Cheers and have a good day!

Dave

Just looking for housing for four months in Phnom Penh , July through October , 2016 just alone, except twin daughters will visit for two weeks in August , one or two bedroom , nice area, serviced , ant good ideas , or good rental agent , thank you

Hi everyone,

Welcome on board  :)

@ Twinsguy20, Since this thread is only dedicated to the introduction of new members, i suggest you start with a little introduction, tell us a bit about yourself  :happy:

Concerning housing, you may drop an advert in the Housing in Phnom Penh section of the website or contact professionals listed in the business directory : Real estate in Phnom Penh

You will also get some infos and relevant links in the Accommodation in Phnom Penh article.

All the best,
Bhavna

Thank you I will look at these , any help is apreciated , thank you

Of course I would get it wrong, well I'm retired recently divorced, just traveling around, and really liked Phnom Penh , so I decided to stay for  a while, I was in the hotel business , I just love the city , so we shall see how long I will stay, would love to donate some time for teaching English ,

My name is Sophal, if you want to know more information about Cambodia please contact me. Thanks

@chhaylinaka

Perhaps introduce yourself to the forum then members may contact you.

chhaylinaka wrote:

My name is Sophal, Cambodia is my own country before I lived in province and I just have moved  to live in Phnom Penh more then 10 years ago. if you want to know more information about Cambodia please contact me. Thanks

Hello All,

New to the forum.  Planning on moving to Sihanoukville soon.  Drop me a line and say hi.

Hello there,

This is Connie, I will come to Siem Reap by the end of May,  Working there too. hope to meet new people and make friends  there. feel free to contact me via my email***

Moderated by Priscilla 7 years ago
Reason : Do not post your personal contact details on a public forum for your own security

Hi! I am from Johannesburg, South Africa and would like to move my family to Cambodia in October. Is Sihanoukville a good place to go to? My daughter is 1 year and 6 months old and if we go, I'd like her to go to school there.

Hi,

My name is Nadine. I'm new to the forum but have traveled through Asia in the past. I am currently in New Zealand and will be relocating to Phnom Penh later this year with my sister. I'm hoping to make some good friends and meet some great people.

Hello Sven,

- If you are not a Cambodian citizen you cannot own land
- if you are not a Cambodian citizen you CAN own a business.

Once you pay the transfer fee you should have the business under your name.

Regards,

Patrick

hey!
Patch here from Philippines. :)
Pleased to meet y'all.
i'm planning to go to Cambodia someday (but as of now the only thing I could do is join online groups where i could gather info about Cambodia). Hope to meet you there when that time comes.
P.S.
posted a job ad recently. hope you check it out guys. thanks!

Hi
My names is mamdouhbam architect from egypt and currently i live in saudi arabia. More than 6 years, and i get job offer in phenom penh  and will move soon.
I want some advice about this city

Moderated by Bhavna 7 years ago
Reason : Please do not promote your own services on the forum. Kindly register in the Real estate in Cambodia section
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Can we contact in chat?

Hello everyone and welcome on board  :)

@ mamdouhbam, since this thread is only about introduction of new members, i suggest you create a new topic on the Phnom Penh forum and pen down your detailed questions, you will be sure to get some feedbacks.

All the best,
Bhavna

Ok

See u soon

Dutch expat, semi-retired - occasionlly doing freelance assignments in IT and some online trading, been living in Cambodia for over three years. Married (but not by law) to Khmer wife and stepson for two years now, been in the relationship almost four years altogether. After three years in Phnom Penh, now moving to Kampot.

Contrary to the many horror stories floating around about Western-Khmer relationships, we seem to be doing alright, but I'm always on the alert for cultural misunderstandings and continue to guard my limits and keep managing expectations.

Interested in further establishing my legal status in Cambodia, as there is a lot of confusion about visa, work permit and resident permit requiremenbts and procedures.

Feel free to ask, open to advice.

Hi guys! I'm new to this site!!! I am planning on moving to Cambodia later this year or early next year!!! I am from Namibia and will be doing my TEFL in Koh kong and after that I am planning to move & work in Siem Reap!! Looking for Namibians or South Africans that wants to travel together to Cambodia? Please send me a PM. :)

sounded cool

I am planing to move soon with my wife and one kide,  let me know your imperission , and where you from

hi

your story seems great and interesting form me, tell me about good income in P.P and is there is good quality space to hang out, I mean shopping malls and open area's for kids.

Hello everyone,

Welcome on board  :)

Please note that that this thread is only meant for the introduction of new members. New members are advised to create a new topic on the Cambodia forum if they have specific questions.

All the best,
Bhavna

Welcome this is my second month here , the Cambodians are wonderful people, contrary to some of the post , I find them to be welcoming and happy, although I have not once experienced problems , I don't go to girl bars are drink so I'm usually in by 8 pm, but don't get me wrong , if I was twenty or thirty something , I would be doing both, no moral judgements here, ha , you youngsters need to be closing down these bars , and having all the fun you can, but just what I hear, be careful at night and spend the extra on a cab or Tuk Tuk , coming home late , and you should be fine, except for the hangovers in the morning, I can't help you with that, ha , have fun ,I'm having a blast, I can only imagine if I was 20-35 what fun I would be having, don't let us old folks down go out and have a blast

Hi Khemara here. I just joined the community and looking forward to providing services to expats and considering to be expats out there that are living in Cambodia. If there are any needs for a short term or long term stays for yourself or friends in the heart of Phnom Penh city, please do not hesitate to let me know.  :top:

Hi Everyone , I'm Chris
I will move to SR next week
And still looking for teaching or voluntary job
Nice to meet you guys ✌️

Closed