Philippine Visa Requirements

I am sorry for giving you this confusing link but this is from the official website. I sent reply to Darren that to be sure please visit the Philippine embassy in his place and I believe they will give him all the complete information. Again my apology.

ABCDiamond wrote:
Mr.Darren wrote:

Thank you for that link i have read that story i plan to stay around the areas of Naga City/ Labo camarines Norte / Cebu city / do you think this is safe areas would love to know.

Regards Darren

Cebu seemed safe enough, except for the airport (yellow) taxi rip-of drivers. ;)
The white ones were OK. 
I was there for three months.  But preferred Manila, Luzon areas, mainly for language reasons, as very few will speak Filipino there.
Haven't been to the other areas, but I would not be afraid to go there.

I am aware of some scams but i think i have to read a lot more about it first before i go to places to find out what is most common in that area if you know what i mean.

johnpascual wrote:

I am sorry for giving you this confusing link but this is from the official website. I sent reply to Darren that to be sure please visit the Philippine embassy in his place and I believe they will give him all the complete information. Again my apology.

Don't be sorry thanks for your advise in mail you also gave me thanks and enjoy your day.

Regards Darren

Mr.Darren wrote:

I am aware of some scams but i think i have to read a lot more about it first before i go to places to find out what is most common in that area if you know what i mean.

Most certainly :)  I've been involved with Filipinos since 1989, and there is still a lot to learn and run away from....  ;)

Mr.Darren wrote:
johnpascual wrote:

Hi Darren, Thank you for your interest in my country kindly check the  requirements in this link http://www.dfa.gov.ph/guidelines-requirements hope it helps. Send me PM for other clarifications.

Thank you very much but i am afraid i still dont understand as it says noting about 17 years old's but i would like to thank you for your help and support.

Regards Darren

When do you turn 18?  That may be your answer.

ABCDiamond wrote:
Mr.Darren wrote:

Most certainly :)  I've been involved with Filipinos since 1989, and there is still a lot to learn and run away from....  ;)

Maybe you can quide me haah have you got Skype we can talk on it be great to get to know you more and get a better understanding of their culture.

Regards Darren

mugtech wrote:
Mr.Darren wrote:
johnpascual wrote:

Hi Darren, Thank you for your interest in my country kindly check the  requirements in this link http://www.dfa.gov.ph/guidelines-requirements hope it helps. Send me PM for other clarifications.

Thank you very much but i am afraid i still dont understand as it says noting about 17 years old's but i would like to thank you for your help and support.

Regards Darren

When do you turn 18?  That may be your answer.

Hey John

I Don't wan't to wait till October to long for me haha I have been waiting to go for a long long time and now it is my chance if i can get visa i will jump onto the chance to go and do it thanks for all your help and support i hope you can understand.

Regards Darren

@Darren- can not send you message. maybe due to website update. Regards.

johnpascual wrote:

@Darren- can not send you message. maybe due to website update. Regards.

Hello John i will try send you a message now.

Regards Darren

Hi Mr.Darren,

You will be given a 30-day tourist visa upon arrival here in the Philippines given that you have a return ticket.

Regards,
Maro

MaroBautista wrote:

Hi Mr.Darren,

You will be given a 30-day tourist visa upon arrival here in the Philippines given that you have a return ticket.

Regards,
Maro

Hello MaroBautista

I understand how the visa works in the Philippines but i am just wondering if it is the same for a 17 teen year old thanks for your help hope you understand what i am trying to say.

Regards Darren

Hi darren, I was informed that you don't need any visa for the initial 30days but I will check with my friend because  I remember he travelled alone and he was 17y/o also that time, His country is UK.

How long would you like to stay in Philippines?
Maybe this link will give you confirmation that you can travel alone as long as you have the return ticket if staying for 30 days only.

http://philippineconsulate.ie/index.php … ters/visa/

Regards

The wording used by some that say a Visa is not required for 30 days can be very confusing.

Visitors from most countries can arrive in the Philippines without a pre-arranged visa, and they are given a 30 day visa waiver on entry, stamped into the passport, unless of course they get denied for various reasons and are put back on a plane.

After 30 days they can apply for an initial extension of this visa waiver of twenty-nine (29) days.

After 59 days they should secure further extensions of stay with the Bureau of Immigration.

The only mention of the word Visa on these Visa Waivers is the charge of 100 pesos for the Visa Sticker Fee!!

On all my trips most of my extensions are just rubber stamps, but two extensions did have the physical Visa stickers attached to the passport.

For a 17 year old, and all the confusion, I would suggest a pre-arranged visa to be on the safe side.

Takes 10 – 20 working days and costs 27 Euro (1,355 Philippine Peso) for the full 59 days.

Compared to 3,030 pesos for the visa waiver if staying over 30 days, and under 59 days,

It also gives certainly of the 'visa or not' question for a 17 year old.

Hello john

I am planning on staying for 4 months. but maybe more i am still planning so hopefully i can get visa but no one seems to know for certain.

Regards Darren

Hello ABCDiamond

I think you are correct in the mindset but only one problem if i want to apply for the visa before i go i must show them my plan ticket of entry and one for leaving or i will not be able to get that visa but my problem is if i book flights and apply for visa and they say no i will be out of almost 1000 euro or 501180.00 peso so i would rather know for certain before loosing a large amount of money thanks for your help and support.

Regards Darren

You need to get a ticket before the Visa?
That's unusual.  For Visas to Australia the immigration site say NEVER book a ticket before getting the Visa.

But, that is the Philippines ;)  Never what we might expect.

Have you emailed the Philippine Embassy Consulate and asked about the age.  From what I mentioned originally it does seem that 15 is the magic age.

You still need to file for an exclusion waiver to the immigration because you are still underage and travelling alone because that is not allowed. I asked our visa consultant.

MaroBautista wrote:

You still need to file for an exclusion waiver to the immigration because you are still underage and travelling alone because that is not allowed. I asked our visa consultant.

He is 17, not 15.

Waiver of Exclusion Ground (WEG)
For foreign minor children traveling to the Philippines

Foreign minor children who are less than 15 years old and are travelling to the Philippines unaccompanied by parent/s are required to apply for a Waiver of Exclusion Ground (WEG) at the Philippine Consulate.
http://www.philippineconsulate.com.au/n … pines.html

How bad are the rules when even visa consultants disagree with Immigration rules ?

The information on this is weird....

ABCDiamond wrote:

You need to get a ticket before the Visa?
That's unusual.  For Visas to Australia the immigration site say NEVER book a ticket before getting the Visa.

But, that is the Philippines ;)  Never what we might expect.

Have you emailed the Philippine Embassy Consulate and asked about the age.  From what I mentioned originally it does seem that 15 is the magic age.

Hello Again ABCDiamond

I am 17 years old

Mr.Darren wrote:

Hello Again ABCDiamond

I am 17 years old

Yes. I was mentioning that 15 is the age that the Philippine Immigration seems to say a minor needs more than just a visa, eg: the Waiver of Exclusion, as mentioned. 
Therefore 16+ appears to be OK.

MaroBautista wrote:

Hello MaroBautista

Can you ask about 17 teen year old i think it will be a little different thanks.

Regards Darren

ABCDiamond wrote:
Mr.Darren wrote:

Hello Again ABCDiamond

I am 17 years old

Yes. I was mentioning that 15 is the age that the Philippine Immigration seems to say a minor needs more than just a visa, eg: the Waiver of Exclusion, as mentioned. 
Therefore 16+ appears to be OK.

I was thinking the same thing but i am still unsure i am just stuck i don't know what to do is there anyone in the Philippine that will go and ask for me be really appreciated.

Regards Darren

Asking in the Philippines may get confusing as the law for a Filipino child travelling is 18.

But Section 29(a) (12) of the Philippine Immigration Act talks about the age of 15 for Unaccompanied Non-Filipino Children.

The Irish based Philippine Embassy will be your best bet.

Unaccompanied Travel of Children

Children (non-Filipino) children travelling to the Philippines unaccompanied by a parent
Non-Filipino children below 15 years of age who are travelling to the Philippines either not accompanied by a parent or not coming to a parent in the Philippines, can be excluded from (or prevented) entry to the Philippines.

However, unaccompanied children may be granted entry with a Waiver of Exclusion Ground (WEG) from the Bureau of Immigration upon arrival at the Philippines.
Follow this link for the guidelines on applying for a WEG that will allow a foreign minor child to travel to the Philippines unaccompanied by a parent.

Unaccompanied travel of a Filipino minor child out of the Philippines
A minor Filipino child (age below 18 years old) travelling outside of the Philippines not accompanied by a parent is required to have a travel clearance from the Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD). Follow this link for the guidelines on applying for a DSWD Travel Clearance.

http://www.philippine-embassy.org.sg/th … 2/unactoc/

Unaccompanied Travel of Non-Filipino Children to the Philippines

Under Section 29(a) (12) of the Philippine Immigration Act, children below fifteen (15) years of age who are unaccompanied by a parent or not coming to a parent in the Philippines, can be excluded entry to the Philippines.

http://www.philippine-embassy.org.sg/th … ilippines/

You have to love the Philippines !!!!  or leave ;)

If you like, Darren you can talk to our consultant regarding this issue.

ABCDiamond wrote:

Asking in the Philippines may get confusing as the law for a Filipino child travelling is 18.

But Section 29(a) (12) of the Philippine Immigration Act talks about the age of 15 for Unaccompanied Non-Filipino Children.

The Irish based Philippine Embassy will be your best bet.

Unaccompanied Travel of Children

Children (non-Filipino) children travelling to the Philippines unaccompanied by a parent
Non-Filipino children below 15 years of age who are travelling to the Philippines either not accompanied by a parent or not coming to a parent in the Philippines, can be excluded from (or prevented) entry to the Philippines.

However, unaccompanied children may be granted entry with a Waiver of Exclusion Ground (WEG) from the Bureau of Immigration upon arrival at the Philippines.
Follow this link for the guidelines on applying for a WEG that will allow a foreign minor child to travel to the Philippines unaccompanied by a parent.

Unaccompanied travel of a Filipino minor child out of the Philippines
A minor Filipino child (age below 18 years old) travelling outside of the Philippines not accompanied by a parent is required to have a travel clearance from the Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD). Follow this link for the guidelines on applying for a DSWD Travel Clearance.

http://www.philippine-embassy.org.sg/th … 2/unactoc/

Unaccompanied Travel of Non-Filipino Children to the Philippines

Under Section 29(a) (12) of the Philippine Immigration Act, children below fifteen (15) years of age who are unaccompanied by a parent or not coming to a parent in the Philippines, can be excluded entry to the Philippines.

http://www.philippine-embassy.org.sg/th … ilippines/

You have to love the Philippines !!!!  or leave ;)

Haha so confusing

MaroBautista wrote:

If you like, Darren you can talk to our consultant regarding this issue.

yes that would be great how may i contact them thanks Regards Darren

Everything I am seeing seems to say only below 15 needs that waiver form, including the Philippine Immigration Act.

I emailed the Philippine consulate in Ireland about relevant ages.

Their reply included

For applicants below 15 years of age and who will not be accompanied by either parent, please comply with above-mentioned basic requirements.
In addition, please also submit the following documents:
1.      An authenticated Affidavit of Support and Consent signed by both parents.
2.      Photo copy of parent's passports.

ABCDiamond wrote:

Everything I am seeing seems to say only below 15 needs that waiver form, including the Philippine Immigration Act.

I emailed the Philippine consulate in Ireland about relevant ages.

Their reply included

For applicants below 15 years of age and who will not be accompanied by either parent, please comply with above-mentioned basic requirements.
In addition, please also submit the following documents:
1.      An authenticated Affidavit of Support and Consent signed by both parents.
2.      Photo copy of parent's passports.

So i don't need waiver

Hi Darren,

It appears that you disabled your PM. I'm not sure if I could state the email address here.

MaroBautista wrote:

Hi Darren,

It appears that you disabled your PM. I'm not sure if I could state the email address here.

Hello i will try message you i don't know why you can't message me.

Regards Darren

Darren. 

I tried to send a message to you the other day, but you had messaging disabled. I thought it was the update that was stopping all messages, but it seems yours is still off.

Click on your profile picture top right of page, then click on privacy, go down to:
SELECT PRIVACY SETTINGS AND TOOLS FOR THE FORUM
then look at the "Enable private messages system"  what does yours say.
Mine says Public

Also the Disable contact requests system says: No

ABCDiamond wrote:

Darren. 

I tried to send a message to you the other day, but you had messaging disabled. I thought it was the update that was stopping all messages, but it seems yours is still off.

Click on your profile picture top right of page, then click on privacy, go down to:
SELECT PRIVACY SETTINGS AND TOOLS FOR THE FORUM
then look at the "Enable private messages system"  what does yours say.
Mine says Public

Also the Disable contact requests system says: No

Think i have fixed it try it now

Just use a web browser and key in Philippine visa requirements.  It should take you to a variety of sites, select only htose that are Philippine government sites.  Don't use commercial sites, because the scammers are alive and well and living in the Philippines.

rich.humble wrote:

Just use a web browser and key in Philippine visa requirements.  It should take you to a variety of sites, select only htose that are Philippine government sites.  Don't use commercial sites, because the scammers are alive and well and living in the Philippines.

The Philippine government sites are pretty useless for a lot of info.

Not updated often, and conflicting information at times.  And you have to worry when some Philippine Government Departments use weebly to host a free government site...

Hi darren, i think you can visit philippines even youre 17 years old,,it doesnt matter your age as long you have a friend to stay here or you can book in a hotel,,and of course you have some money for your needs here.. but except for one thing,,as i read in your message you will be meeting some of your new friends that you just met online,,sorry to tell  you this,,just a few adviced,,be careful when you get here,,im not scare you but because you are still minor and young and visit our country at a young age,,well, im just concerned about you..what country are you from? You can inquire and book your visa  and hotel in any travel agency near in your place. Good luck to you daren

mimiruth wrote:

Hi darren, i think you can visit philippines even youre 17 years old,,it doesnt matter your age as long you have a friend to stay here or you can book in a hotel,,and of course you have some money for your needs here.. but except for one thing,,as i read in your message you will be meeting some of your new friends that you just met online,,sorry to tell  you this,,just a few adviced,,be careful when you get here,,im not scare you but because you are still minor and young and visit our country at a young age,,well, im just concerned about you..what country are you from? You can inquire and book your visa  and hotel in any travel agency near in your place. Good luck to you daren

Thank you for your kind motivating words i am from Ireland.

I live in Mindanao near Iligan city I have traveled around a bit  to Kapatagan, Pagadian, Dumingag, and Kagawasan. The last 2 being well into the countryside. You will find that the Filipinos are an inquisitive race. my Motorcycle broke down in a place called Arora within minutes I was surrounded by locals who all had an opinion as to what was wrong and fetched the local mechanic. I had a beer whilst waiting and answered loads of questions. when the bike was fixed and I left they all clapped and cheered. It's a great place to live, but you really need to be a bit streetwise and be careful if you travel to the countryside it can be a dangerous place.Iit is not like Dublin, but with sun. it is a whole different ball game.for some it is too different for others like me it is wonderful I can go months, years sometimes and see a handful of foreigners and I cannot remember the last time I spoke to a foreigner. Bliss! Go and enjoy but be careful, Manila is reckoned to be one of the most dangerous capitals in the world for foreigners.
Your first visa is free up to 1 month, if you renew you will get another month but then you pay for the first month as well lol. the cost is approximately 3000 peso, you do not need to pre-apply for a visa as it is issued at the airport however you must have a valid ticket out of the country. When getting your second visa just go to your nearest  immigration  office and fill in a simple form with a 2x2 photo a copy of your signature page of your passport and a photocopy of your entry sticker

Darren, what kind of online business are you engaged in? I was in Dumaguete from June 2014 until last month. I am a retired teacher. Forget the last bit!! Just the fact that I am retired. However, if you fit the criteria, and unless someone has already told you, when you arrive in Manila, you have to present either a return air ticket or what is known as a throwaway ticket, indicating that you will fly out of the country before the first 29 days you are granted to stay in the country. It shows that on paper you will be leaving the Philippines on such and such a date. However, if your intention is to stay longer, you need to go to the nearest immigration office to where you will be. For me it was relatively easy, because there was such an office in Dumaguete. You need to go before the expiry of your first 29 days. The best time to go is a midweek lunchtime, when there are not so many people queuing up. You will need to get photocopies of the information about you which is contained in your passport. You will need to have filled in an application form and to have got two photos of you (without glasses, unsmiling) which have to be 2 cm by 2 cm. The  first time you  go you will be given 30 days, the second you have a choice of 1 or 2 months every time. After the 3rd time you will have to pay for a so-called ACR card. Every time you go to the immigration office you will have to pay on average about £50 or $75 per month. You have to go through the same steps every time you apply for an extension on your visa. You can use photos which are up to 3 months old. Yes, the bureaucracy is something to be got round without complaining, which is counterproductive.
I intend to return to Dumaguete next year to be with my partner who is currently looking for a job - online as well as otherwise. He is also interested in the hospitality industry. Have you ever been to the Philippines before? If you haven't, you will definitely need to prepare yourself for a culture shock. My advice is also to assume that you can't trust anyone - even foreigners. In other words people have to earn your trust, Use your gut instinct even more than you would back home. Be warned. Manila is well known for being scam city. Don't be caught out as so many are. Be streetwise all the time. For example, when you arrive at Manila, and you have an onward connection at a different terminal, get the shuttle bus straightaway, even if it means waiting a long time there. You will be safe.
If you do book a hotel, I would highly recommend the Nichols Airport Hotel. Book online through their own website. That way, you pay when you get to the hotel. You get a free transfer from the airport and a free breakfast. In other words they are both included in the price which is about £35 or $50 a night. Worth it, I would say.
Dumaguete which is situated on Negros Island, 1 hour 15  minutes south of Manila, might be just the place for you to go to. Lots of resorts, many owned by Swiss, Austrians or Germans. Most foreigners are American in their 50's and above.
Well, I know I have gone beyond answering your particular question, but I thought you might like to know what it is like to be a foreigner in the Philippines for the official side of things.

The ticket just needs to be an out of country ticket I always used to get the longest out date i could usually 6 or 9 months. Now I am permanently here I bought a cheapie ticket to Malaysia cost about 2500 peso. So if you intend to stay for 4 months get a ticket for your return 4 months hence.

davtjo wrote:

you do not need to pre-apply for a visa as it is issued at the airport however you must have a valid ticket out of the country.

kimreg67 wrote:

when you arrive in Manila, you have to present either a return air ticket or what is known as a throwaway ticket, indicating that you will fly out of the country before the first 29 days you are granted to stay in the country.

I've flown into Manila about 5 times in the last few years and not once did immigration ask to see a ticket.  Others that I have spoken too also did not asked for one.

Did you two both get asked at immigration ?

We all got asked for one when leaving our countries, but not in the Philippines.

My last one was a ticket booked for 6 months after arrival date.