JOB HUNTING

Hi!

My name is Claire been a flight attendant for 6 yrs here in an airline based in the Philippines, been travelling a lot too ,but
I am planning to move in Hanoi next year by March, I would like to know if i have the chance to get any job that will suit my experience, I am also interested in teaching English, but I am not sure if I have the chance for the position since most of the agency or schools requires Australians, Americans, and or Canadians. I'm a Filipino, is there any opportunity for me in Hanoi and if there's a salary difference?

The pay and benefits will be no where near what you receive as a flight attendant. Teaching English you will have lower pay, no medical benefits, and no job security. Unless you have a lot of money saved and plan to retire, it's a really bad idea to quit your job and try to teach English.

I disagree. You can come to vietnam and earn lot more than you did in the Philippines as flight attendant at NAIA. Your best bet to teach is to get a TEFL certification and get proper visa. If you are in manila you can call/text me:**  i will try to help best i can to help prepare you

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : Share contact infos only in private due to security issues
jdavis10 wrote:

I disagree. You can come to vietnam and earn lot more than you did in the Philippines as flight attendant at NAIA. Your best bet to teach is to get a TEFL certification and get proper visa. If you are in manila you can call/text me: **  i will try to help best i can to help prepare you

It would help if you quoted figures regarding earning as a flight attendant as opposed to a teaching job in Vietnam. The figures need to be verifiable.

I don't need to quote pay as flight attendant ... She is from PH and flight attendants do not earn much. In Vietnam if she flies over she might have chance if she has degree or certification. It's better to find local though

At least she is now earning money.  Still needs to get certificates for teaching which cost money. Teaching in Vietnam can be hit and miss regarding works hours etc.
Need to have money aside for medical cover, rent, food travel whilst in Vietnam.

I agree stumpy but I think she prolly has that figured. Either way your right she will need to save for that and I did mention she would have to take the certification course to best suit finding job

Hello Guys!

Thank you for the replies, I have researched all the necessary requirements for teaching English,  it takes time and money and of course you have to pass the exams. Flight attendants here in Manila doesn't earn much approximately less than 1000usd. So there i have presented figures. :)

as a Vietnamese, and someone who used to work in the English training industry. The answer is "NO"!

Have to agree with the post from hughes265.
You will definitely not earn $1000 a month.
Hours per week are not guaranteed.
Would have to work 2 or more jobs.

Factor in what I have mentioned last time; accommodation, food, medical cover, transport, cost of certificate course plus visas etc and you are well behind the 8 ball.

Stay where you are.

Yes you have to work multiple jobs there is no other way ... It's just what you got to do to earn more. It is good to have plenty saved before you get there though