Tips on moving pets and personal possessions from the UK to Malta

Hello guys,

We have recently moved to Malta and wanted to share some information with you regarding moving companies.

Moving personal possessions:
We used Gozo Express Services (gozoexpress.com)
Nice guys, gave as a quote quickly, were very supportive during the move and answered all of our question. The boxes were collected on Friday and were delivered to Malta on Tuesday. We paid 550EUR for the services. We had 430kg in 10 boxes, but were allowed to go up to 500kg.

Moving pets:
We used Passports for Pets (passportforpets.co.uk)
Super happy that we decided to work with these guys, I think for any pet owner moving his or her pet is the most stressful thing but Passports for Pets were amazing and very reliable. We worked with Sarah ([email protected]) very lovely person. We have paid 817GBP for moving both of the cats.

Few things on moving the pets. Our cats were transported as a cargo with Air Malta on Monday evening, arrived to Malta at 1am on Tuesday (we were on the same flight). We needed to take a taxi to the Air Malta Cargo terminal, please note that not every taxi driver or even airport staff know where it located, so try to say all of the following Old Luqa Airport building, Cargo Terminal, Air Malta Cargo terminal hopefully the driver will understand where it is. I would advise to book a taxi from the kiosk inside the airport building, we paid 10EUR. When you will be collecting your pets make sure you have cash on you (EUR) there is a small fee to pay, we paid 66EUR for both of the cats.

Hopefully will be useful for those who are planning to move to Malta or maybe moving to the UK.

All the best Keira.

Ah!! This is just the info I needed to read! Thank you so much! We have two cats that we plan to bring with us when we come to live in Malta in February. Did you have to buy special crates for the flight? Many thanks Debra ;)

Hey Debra,

Glad that this info is useful for you :)
Crates were made by the Passports for Pets (complies with IATA regulations) and were included into the price.

Keira