Tan Son Nhat Int'l airport Saigon at 15:40 on Tuesday 01/12/2015.

I will be on flight CGK/KUL/SGN arriving at Tan Son Nhat Int'l airport Saigon at 15:40 on Tuesday 01/12/2015.

Can anyone meet me there at around 4:00pm to help me find accommodation? You may email me at **************

Moderated by Priscilla 8 years ago
Reason : do not post personal contact on the forum for your own security

Good luck, Bro....
But "Lamb to the slaughter" comes to mind....
I can pick you up at the airport for a mere 600,000 vnd, and take you to my Aunties house/homestay for a super cheap/special deal/HAPPY HOUR/2 for 1/today only...... 400,000 per night........
PM me.... If you want this GREAT DEAL...

Very cheap price, nobody can offer less in HCM, get it immediately!

Huh ?????? Are you serious ?
Just get a cab to district 1 , there is a multitude of hotels that you can use as a base .depending on what your budget is you could stay at say the Freedom Hotel on Pham Ngu Lau for $17 a night , or the Duc Vuong on Bui Vien St for $28

Paracetamol/Joss. lol, love it.

If you need accomodation or any other help, please contact me. From airport you can take a cab easily, cheap and fast. Good luck

By the way , the Freedom and Duc Vuong hotels have babysitting services !!!!!

Good afternoon Mr,
Im Logan, glad to help you find a nearby accommodation.
Would you mind give me some infomation of what kind of flat you want? Price, service, location, how lon you wanna stay...
I got flats nearby tsn airport. Full service, around 200 to 300$.

Thank you, long to see you and welcome to vietnam.
Logan dang

The reality is that getting a cab from airport to district 1 is easy and do not costs too much. In 2014 I paid 350000dong for a cab to same destination, probably price increased a little bit, but it's still cheap compared to Paris cabs cost!
For hotels you can search google, just write "hotels, 1 or 2 or 3 stars, district 1, HCMC".
The best is http://www.booking.com/, I used many times in Hanoi also for professional, they have a wide list of hotels even 1 star but, I suggest you to look at least at 3 stars hotels because are at a minimum appreciable level for a foreigner, I don't think you want to share toilet with others or not to have the A/C in in your bedroom.
Good luck.

You can take the 152 bus which is situated left of exit door, just opposite Burger King. This bus go all the way to city center D1 Ben Thanh bus station. From there you can take a cab which will be cheaper and nearer to hotel. Book hotel online and close to Ben Thanh market where most first time tourist stay. If you have  a lot of luggage then buy a ticket for taxi which cost you around 200k to go to city center which is USD10. Safer this way.

G'day Roger.

Yogis got it sorted out.   When you leave the airport arrivals hall ask around for a bloke by the name of Hoang. 

You can't miss him.  He's about 5ft 4" , brown eyes , short black hair , plastic sandals ( no socks) and of Asian appearance.  From memory I think he rides a grey Honda Wave with a cane basket strapped to it.

He does look a bit "shifty" but he's good businessman.  He'll take care of you.

Failing that.....the previous posts with the 152 bus and Taxis should do, but won't be as interesting an experience as Mr Hoang.

Good luck and enjoy the stay.

I enjoy some full cream sarcasm, but I hope our esteemed OP can read the message you guys are sending out.

OP dude, a message such as yours is serious jam, so the bees with swarm and try to sting you.

Lost tourist + Mr Wel Hoang = empty wallet.

Happy8888 wrote:

By the way , the Freedom and Duc Vuong hotels have babysitting services !!!!!

Oh yeah,,

Whatever you do,. DON'T become an "Anchor daddy".

That's the beginning of the end for most guys here.....child support. 

The gift that keeps on giving.

Yogi , my comment had nothing to do with small children ! I was just assuming that a fully grown adult that needs to be met at the airport because he is unable to find his way in to town and a hotel , might in fact need the same cotton wool treatment at his digs !!

Sarcasm.
Yogi's head.

WHOOOOOSH :D

Happy8888 wrote:

Yogi , my comment had nothing to do with small children ! I was just assuming that a fully grown adult that needs to be met at the airport because he is unable to find his way in to town and a hotel , might in fact need the same cotton wool treatment at his digs !!

Hi Peter,

No problem.  Yogi thinks this guy (troll) is just having some fun with us anyway,  so just play along.
Besides , his profile indicates he's already here .

Hey Fred, Yogi does like "Jam" on his toast. 😉

This is the type of tourist VN needs. Whatever cash you're planning on bringing, multiply it by 10 and you'll be just fine.

Well Mr Yogi, if thats the case, he is welcome to join one of my Pre ABC classes, and they can teach him how small minds can entertain himself

Adhome01 wrote:

This is the type of tourist VN needs. Whatever cash you're planning on bringing, multiply it by 10 and you'll be just fine.

Hi, if you find some of those guys cashed up can you send them to Nha Trang.😀

I see Mr Putin (according to news reports) wants to / will be severing ties with Turkish tourism .
It's pretty obvious that Nha Trang gets the bulk of Russian tourists here, and the two main Tour companys that bring them here are Turkish operations.

It could get interesting.

You were ripped off. It is about 180000d by cab.10000 by local bus outside the terminal entrance accross the road.

Hi can anyone tell me what time the 152 bus from airport runs till.  Years ago it stopped running at 5pm. I'll be flying in at 8:30pm on Feb 24 would like to take the bus to district 1.

We can come and meet you if you want .
from memory , 8pm . Probably best to have a look at Tripadvisor , type bus number n search engine . Failing that , just post a question

They have extended the 152 bus times but not yet to cover your arrival time.
If you have little luggage and can fit on the back of a 50cc motorbike the XeOm riders will take you to D1 for 50,000vnd $2.50 but why borher when a Mai Linh or Vinasun raxi can get you there for 160,000 to 180,000vnd depending exactly where your hotel is situated. Oneway streets play a part in the route to your hotel affecting the final price on the metre.

Thanks a lot. Have one night in Saigon then back to airport and flight to Nha Trang.  I'll take taxi and return airport in morning via 152 bus.

Hi :)
If we will use Mai Linh or Vinasun taxi, please let me know whether to ask the driver  "how much" is the fare to our hotel or just ask him to switch on the "meter'.
What is the best way? We are first timers to Vietnam and have no idea about routes. Pls advise.

Mai Linh and Vinasun are the only two taxi companies you can trust. they always use the meter.
Now if you are nervous travelers easily intimidated then my advice is pay a little more and get a prepaid voucher just inside the terminal for 200,000dong. That's all you pay and no need to tip at the end unless you feel the service was good.
So it will cost you maybe $1.50 to $2 more but you don't have to fight you way through the taxi rabble upon exiting the terminal.
Now some hotels provide an airport pick up service and charge from $10 to $15 for this service but there will be a person waiting outside with your name on a sign waiting to take you to your hotel.
If you're staying in a 5 star hotel they also provide this service but charge $60 to $75 for the same service, but the car might be flasher but you will still be stuck in traffic.
Warm regards and travel safe in Vietnam, Dirty Pierre.

Thank you very much Dirty Pierre. Thats very clear and helpful info and I am going to give a like to your post ;)

is this guy for real????

Be sure to use a money belt. Put your mobile inside the money belt. People here have a lot of stuff stolen out of their pockets and even their hands. Also if you have a back pack wear it on the front. Be careful of motorbikes as they can grab your bag.

Best option is to book a hotel online and take prepaid taxi to the hotel. If you are really worried about doing that ask your hotel to arrange a taxi to pick you up with a sign with your name. Many people in Vietnam are friendly but usually I find they just want money. Sorry to be so cynical but it is better for you to be safe.

Happy2 , none of that ever happens here . Don't scare people

How old are you?  How many places have you traveled to...are you actually afraid to venture on your own? 
The cabs are metered...if you only have a carry on, take a motorbike at half the price.  Unreal!

Excuse me, but my mobile was stolen out of my pocket within 2 days of arrival. it happened in Crescent Mall inside the Giant Grocery Store. I never felt a thing.
My friend's parents came to visit and were sightseeing in District 1 and raised up their Iphone to take a photo when a man ran up, grabbed it out of her father's hand and then ran off down the road.
Then last week my colleague had his shoulder bag with laptop inside snatched from someone passing by on a motorbike.

So please do not tell me that petty crime does not happen here because it does. Perhaps you have just been very lucky! The man writing the post sounds like perhaps this is his first time to Vietnam so he will be a perfect target with jetlag, etc. Best to secure everything where thieves can't get it.

I've lived here in Vietnam, Thailand, Laos and Cambodia for nearly 13 years...I've had one mobile phone taken from me in Hanoi and even a motorbike stolen while living in Saigon.  Both were because I was not alert enough and only side locked my motorbike. 
Yes there is crime in Vietnam...like everywhere else in the world.  As to this individual, he is male; as a traveler, one should already be aware of the possible items that should either be in a 'safer' place or able to be secured properly.  And as a traveler, most can see an area for 'ground transportation and should expect that it is reliable. 
While living over here I would say I've been safer in SE Asia than in most European or in an American City!  I spent 7 years in Saigon...great place most of the time.  Now living in DaNang... a better great place!
Your biggest fear I would state is walking out of the hotel door onto a sidewalk or crossing the street in Vietnam...You must look six ways from Sunday before making a first step and then continue to look in all directions.  There are no 'one way' streets, sidewalks are also used by and often with motorbikes from both directions.  Almost no one including the police have no 'road rule logic' what so ever!  Whether on a bike, motorbike, auto, bus or truck...always keep an eye open for the normal driver with only 'tunnel vision' and thought of getting ahead of you only to slow down after passing you...
Enjoy your stay and always keep one eye open...

Ha ha happy2 , hate to say it , but if you were a fish , you would have been caught and consumed a long long time ago
Ever heard of the expression " tongue in cheek " ??
Oh ! And by the way , the person who posted this question is having a lend of everyone

I grew up overseas and have lived most of my life working overseas in developing countries or war zones. Vietnam is the first country I had anything stolen in. It is also the first country I did not carry all of my things inside a money belt under my clothing at the waist. It was my second day in country. I was quite jetlagged, alone, and trying to deal with a ringing phone, a cart full of items for new home, etc.  My mistake completely. Lucky for me I have a cheap, old phone so it was not an expensive loss.

Overall I would say Vietnam is a lovely safe country if you avoid people trying to scam or do petty theft. Much safer than where I come from but people do have to be alert. I have had several Vietnamese females try to "befriend" me because they think I will introduce them to white men they can hook for marriage and a better life. But maybe if I was uneducated, single, poor, and had my entire family hopeful I could hook a meal ticket then perhaps I would do the same? As a female I am treated with respect and people have been very helpful and kind to me.

Personally I would rather err on the side of caution and try to answer people's questions when they post because you never know if their question is real or not and if it were me I would appreciate people answering my questions. :-)