How much per day for the fine?

Guys i have a problem... What should i do? I went to police station here in casablanca requesting for extension for my tourist and they said theres no more extension.. So if i over stay do u know how much per day for the fine?

Hello louies27,

A new thread has been created from your post on the Casablanca forum so that you may get some feedbacks.

All the best,
bhavna

I'm surprised they said no more extensions. We received extensions for ours a few weeks ago here in Agadir. Did they say why they were stopping them?

Louies27,
This maybe a refection of the crisis of the current world political situation. The Moroccan Government has a reputation for favoritism depending on ethnicity. It may also be trying to control people they believe are from an area that could pose a risk politically....if people from traditionally poor countries are repeatedly wanting to over stay,  then it appears that they may have an alterior motive for doing so....illegally working....inappropriate personal relationships. ..criminal activity.  I AM NOT SUGGESTING YOU ARE ONE OF THOSE PEOPLE, but there are too many others who are fitting that criteria.
I dont know how your visa works but my American status gives me free travel to many countries including Morocco.  It has been my experience that if  you have the ability to leave Morocco and return then that should renew your time....I am assuming you don't have a specific stay visa....I only know how it works for Americans. If you do have a specific time frame on your tourist visa, then you have to reapply for a new visa.  I am not sure, but this may mean you have to do it from your homeland. I know that is what the American Government would require,  so it would be safe to assume Morocco would too.

Anglospere,
I suspect it is not so much about if an extension is possible or not, but more about who is asking for it. If you are a "first worlder " like we are, then the police are more likely to offer the option. They would rather we spend our money here in Morocco rather than for us to leave and spend our money up in Europe for a weekend to renew our entrance stamps on our passports.  So, what I am saying is; I think it is more about you getting an extension because you are American  and Louies27 failing to get it because he is a Philippine.