Expat Blog Get-Together from Bahrain

Guess we should arrange "Expat.com Get-Together from Bahrain "  :cool:

That's a good idea Gunner, so we can put bodies to the faces, hey?
Also it would be nice to finally meet all the helpful people here.

This is a great idea. :) if this push through.. count me in. :)

Hope I get there in time ha ha!

when are you coming here Carl? We can maybe arrange a meet up with the people here. itll be fun :)

Am visiting on Saturday through Sunday but am tied up then.....I hope my permanent move is mid January

Hi gunner757 :)

A new topic has been created as from your post on the Bahrain forum for a better visibility. ;) You should propose a date, time and place for the meet up.

Dear All,

It's a good idea to get together. My question is when and where? :-)

If all are available, we may meet on 28 November (Saturday) or 05 December (Saturday). Which one is fine with you?
-Sheesha cafe (6.00 PM)?
-Coffee shop (6.00 PM)?
-Dinner (7.00 PM)?
-Clubbing (10 PM)?

Sheesha place is good place to hang out

I organised the first one - you arrange, date, time & place. You ask the team to make the post a sticky for you and then you compose an email which the team will send to every member in Bahrain. I had over 60 people turn up at the first one. I did a chart with everyones name on who said they wanted to come and then ticked them off as they arrived. I did name badges that everyone wore - real name and screen name.

The 2nd one over 80 said they would come but only 12 turned up - they don't appreciate just how much work goes in to it.
You get asked "what is the organised transport" What events are you putting on etc.

you have to reply to all the emails and all the messages on your post. Good luck, it's a mammoth task.

Ahmedzzzz123 wrote:

Sheesha place is good place to hang out

Not if you are a non smoker - I chose one of the expat clubs and they put a marquet up outside so people could smoke if they wanted to but the non smokers could get away from the smoke.

Dear Josnuggles, your message (#10) was for me or to another person?

Josnuggles wrote:

Not if you are a non smoker - I chose one of the expat clubs and they put a marquet up outside so people could smoke if they wanted to but the non smokers could get away from the smoke.

The place in my mind is Veranda Cafe/Adliya. Maybe you know, they have smoking and non-smoking areas.

Sounds good. I'm down for meeting today.

Good choice though

Jejuhime wrote:

Sounds good. I'm down for meeting today.

Guess no one has planned anything today .

I'm not in Bahrain right now , or I'd have scheduled something for the Expat.com Meet  :nothappy:

Christine wrote:

Hi gunner757 :)

A new topic has been created as from your post on the Bahrain forum for a better visibility. ;) You should propose a date, time and place for the meet up.

Thanks Christine , would it be possible for you to make the post sticky .

Am down for it .. Just set the date and time ..

im up for it too, just arrange and i attend

Count me in for whatever is being planned please.

count me also ... I will join you guys ..

I am in brov! Not much social normally but this could be an opportunity to make new friends. How about renting a tent in Sakheer for a desert camping or an early morning trekking trip around a tree of life. Or a trip to islands.

Love the idea.

Sounds like a great idea. Count me in!

I will mange all if everyone is comfortable...
Drop me email, so I will see how many are seriously join us.
Then i will share further details accordingly.
Bahrain National day is coming I hope everyone is available to join us.

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : Please do not share email address on the forum.

Good initiative ZeeshanAkhter.
I will probably be out of the country over the national day holiday period so will miss this. But do go ahead. a very good chance to arrange this meeting.

Bummer! I'll be away during these holidays too. Anyway, have fun!

No one showing any interest...

That is not encouraging.

Maybe lots of people are away due to the holidays.

But let's try once again in a few weeks.

Thanks for your initiative.

This is an expat forum, and many people will be traveling or spending time with their families at this point in the year.

I would recommend starting a SPECIFIC thread with the date, location, and time of your event and make sure it stays near the top of the page.  This way your information isn't crowded down at the bottom of a long thread like this.

People will show up, but you may have to try a few times.  It is the nature of the beast sometime.

Good luck!

How about a trekking event?

Agree with relwell's point, its holiday season, may be we should plan it a little later.

Hello everyone,

There is now a section "Events in Bahrain". I recommend you to add the event with the necessary information in this section. It will be easier to manage.

Regards,
Naomi. :)

count me in  :)

Hi Everybody , happy 2016 to you all .

So , since the holidays are over, is it a good time to arrange that get together our friend Gunner was talking about ?

mujtaba19 wrote:

Hi Everybody , happy 2016 to you all .

So , since the holidays are over, is it a good time to arrange that get together our friend Gunner was talking about ?

I'm still in a holiday mode .
You guys can decide for a get together .

Remember , keep everything organised , it'll be a perfect rendezvous  :cool: