Regarding change of profession for Visa Clearence for Engineer

Hi
I was promised of an engineer visa at Oman from a company.But after sending medical and waiting for 3 weeks,they are saying they have to change profession to get visa..is it legal to change profession on visa than my orginal designation from offer letter.
Is it illegal to work like thi in oman. Does this create an issue for me in future when i change job in oman. If thr is any problem pls let me know..i am nit worried now..thanks

Hi jvd401,

What your company is suggesting means that they do not have the required labour clearance for your position. They might be having a clearance for some other job, and so they are trying to get you over under another job profession.

Obviously it is illegal. Also, as the employee you will forever be designated as what it says in your resident card. If you are an engineer, you would perhaps be labelled as an electrician or something like that. It will be a problem for you.

Also, be aware that you cannot change jobs in Oman that easily. You would require your company's NOC etc, which will not be given so easily, and more so for any new hires.

Better to tell your company to give you the proper designation and title as agreed without cutting corners. Remember, the company would not be affected, as much as you would be.

see
that is not ok if u Engineer and they giving other any profession visa
but may be they not getting problem to get same your profession visa
so temporary u can accept and get visa and entry Oman .
then after company can change your visa from visa department to submit your original Engineering certificate
that by legal way u can get Engineer labor card
ok
Thanks