Oman visa

I've been waiting for my employment visa for Oman for almost 2 months already.how many more weeks should I wait before I get it? Everything that they need has been sent to the embassy already.

Please reply because I am worried..thanks a lot

HI Ampzie,

Unless your employer is the embassy itself, why would you send all your papers to them ?!?

There are numerous posts on the subject of visa delays. If only you'd read them you would know what could be the probable waiting period before you get your employment visa.

I have my agency sending all the required documents and they told me that it would take 1 month before I get my visa. After a month II asked my agency if they have my visa now and they said maybe it would take 2 months?! For an employer to do the processing in the embassy, how long would it really take?I mean the maximum processing time?

Hi Ampzie,

I don't know what is this 'processing in the embassy' means.

I think you are referring to getting labour clearance / expat employment approval from the Ministry of Manpower. No embassy is involved in this process.

If you read the other posts in the forum on Visa delays, you will get all the information you are seeking.

Ampzie wrote:

I have my agency sending all the required documents and they told me that it would take 1 month before I get my visa. After a month II asked my agency if they have my visa now and they said maybe it would take 2 months?! For an employer to do the processing in the embassy, how long would it really take?I mean the maximum processing time?

Hello Ampzie
to be clear, embassy has only one role, attestation of papers
any embassy has no role in employment VISA, unless they are your employer
usual method here in Oman is you send your papers to the employer directly
why you did not contact your employer HR yet to declare the reason behind this delay?!?
you should send any paper except your CV before signing the offer letter, did you signed it or not yet
please be more specific to let us help you well

I already signed the offer letter..
Is it the labour clearance affecting the delay?if it is, how long or what might be the reason?

Yup I understand now,so the embassy will just attest the documents and the ministry of manpower is the one granting the visa.

hello kabayan, just to assure you, long wait is all but normal for oman visa.(base on my experience.)

i got mine in more than three months since the offer letter (but i work for airline/tourism industry).

just make sure you have communication lines open with your HR.

meanwhile you can search & read through expat-blog related topics or other interesting topics to help relieve you from stress while waiting for the visa. like what i did before.

keep calm, it will come..

Thanks@desertrealexpat for the info..I signed the offer letter last August so I will be expecting mine this November?!hope it will arrive already..
Now I am making myself more calm.

How long have you been there kabayan?

Hi!
I'd like to have further understanding about this "Regional" thing after the release of employment visa?

How long would it take?