Planning to move Italy

Hi my name is neelam and soon I am planning to move to Italy  and I am English speaker and not friendly with Italian language so is it that difficult for me to survive as a non Italian speaker.
And also tell me can I get part time job as an English speaker during my stay in Italy.
Appreciated for genuine helpers.

Thank you
Neelam

Hi Neelam!

There is a big demand of English teachers, if you would like to be a teacher. Otherwise, there are many jobs that you can do.
But you need to learn also the Italian language to survive, because the most part of Italians speak bad English or no English at all, because:
1) Some Italian people don't want to learn English and claim to be understood by speaking Italian with foreigners. It isn't a joke and I have some examples to prove this. I saw these funny scenes with my own eyes. The EU made a ranking of English knowledge: Denmark is at the first place, Italy is at the second-last one, before France.
2) Foreign languages are taught with poor methods here. Moreover, in most cases, we don't have the chances to practice them and, therefore, to improve our language skills.
3) Almost all the English speaking movies, series and TV shows are dubbed into Italian and you can watch them in their original language with Sky, by selecting the language. I don't know if there are other cinemas which offer English speaking movies in their original language, but a cinema which is located in my area has been doing it for a few years and it offers them once a week, on Wedenesdays.

So, I advice you to start learning Italian from home.

Good luck,
Licia

Thank you very much for genuine help and I appreciate it.

Regards
Neelam