Shopping for new furniture

When we arrive in North Central PR next Jan , will be in the market for some basic home furnishings, e.g.  bed, mattress, table & chairs, refrigerator,  etc.   

I may be able to haul most items by car, but some larger will need to be delivered to the house.   Looking for recommendations on shopping for / finding good values.  Thanks in advance.

Sitka

Berrios

Appliances: Home Depot, Sears, Berrios. Not sure about Home Depot but the other two do deliver.
Matress: Sears, Berrios
Furniture:Berrios, Rooms to Go.

Sears and Rooms to go are in Plaza del Norte, Hatillo. Berrios is in Hatillo as well, so is Home Depot.

We purchased the majority of our furniture at the Rooms to Go outlet in Aguadilla and the Berrios outlet in Isabella.  The prices at the outlets are reasonable.  The prices at the regular stores were outrageous, in my opinion.  They both deliver and have financing available.  We are pretty happy with what we got.

We did get a few hard to find items on Amazon or eBay, but shipping was usually expensive, if I could find someone to ship it at all.

David

I forgot to mention we got our appliances at Home Depot and our AC units at Sears.  They both deliver and have financing options as well.

In MA home depo deliver if you pay 75 bucks.
Sears deliver free but will not haul the old equipment unless you pay 50, they say either delivery or pickup for free but not both.
What are they like in PR?

I forgot what it cost exactly, but I think it was around $50 to $75 at all of these places.  I don't know about pickup because our condo was empty so there was nothing to pickup... :)

If close by may be cheaper to get somebody you know to lend you a pickup truck or rent one for a few hours.
I been using hoome depo rental trucks in the past here in MA.

ReyP wrote:

If close by may be cheaper to get somebody you know to lend you a pickup truck or rent one for a few hours.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I own a pickup truck and my in-laws know that. :)

I purchased most of furniture at Rooms to Go outlets. They deliver. Also purchased a couch on-sale at Berrios.  I picked up some stuff at Marshalls and Aliss. I got a table from IKEA, but it is a real pain, because they do not have stock. You have to order it and then go back to pick it up, or pay an unreasonably high delivery fee.

We purchased a couple of mattresses from Rooms to Go outlet in Aguadilla and I forgot what they charged for delivery
But we were looking at living room furniture recently and they said that the delivery charge is $49.99 no matter what they deliver I believe up to 300 lbs. I could be wrong but that is what I remember.

We were very happy with our purchaeses and recommend our salesperson Ivonne highly. We also visited Berries outlet in Moca and they have many great items at good prices.

We bought our mattresses from Sam's Club,  stove and refrigerator from Home Depot with delivery, and a nice sectional couch on Craigslist with free delivery.

good tips - thanks

Barrios liquidation center in moca off Carr 2 in isabela .Best prices. They will haggle prices with you and delivery is the cheapest

We got our furniture from a small furniture place in Yauco, they delivered in less than 2 hrs and it is all locally made. Have to support the local business.  :)

adlin20 wrote:

We got our furniture from a small furniture place in Yauco, they delivered in less than 2 hrs and it is all locally made. Have to support the local business.  :)

any pics available?  web site?

They don't have a website. They are local moms and pops shop. Once I figur how to add a pic here I can post pictures of our furniture.

adlin20 wrote:

Once I figur how to add a pic here I can post pictures of our furniture.

That's easy. :)
1. upload your picture to an online picture hosting site like f.i. Tinypic.com
2. copy the code
3. paste the code in your message here.

http://i67.tinypic.com/312bned.png

http://i67.tinypic.com/2lsa0s7.png

A full tutorial to post pictures is here: http://www.newbiesforum.com/phpbb3/posting_pictures.php

Thanks Gary!!