Oman Visa 2 year ban

Hi.
I am an expat living and working in Oman for the last 8 years with a same company. I am currently getting an offer from a company with a different  line of business and my current contract will end in FEB 2O16 The new employer is willing to wait till my contract ends withe current employer do I still need an NOC TO JOIN the new organisation? Please clarify in detail as to what I should do?
Rgds
CKAN

Yes,You need to get NOC from your present employer..

CKAN wrote:

Hi.
I am an expat living and working in Oman for the last 8 years with a same company. I am currently getting an offer from a company with a different  line of business and my current contract will end in FEB 2O16 The new employer is willing to wait till my contract ends withe current employer do I still need an NOC TO JOIN the new organisation? Please clarify in detail as to what I should do?
Rgds
CKAN

definitely you need the NOC, to avoid this problem, you have to end your contract duration with giving a notice letter to your employer at least before 3 months expressing your will of absence of wish for renewal; all of these shall be after you reached a final agreement with the new company, then you should leave the country and wait for the new sponsor employment VISA
OR
the easy way you can reach to an agreement with your current sponsor for some money to transfer the sponsorship to the new company
sorry pal but this the truth , I know it is not pleasant
I wish you all the best

Thanks for your reply, some where I did see a mention of, that if the company is an SME then the NOC is not required. Is it possible for you to confirm!

you need to get NOC from present employer to join any other company
other wise if you go exit from present company 2 years ban will for you

Thanks for your reply, some where I did see a mention of, that if the company is an SME then the NOC is not required. Is it possible for you to confirm!

Yes dear you need NOC

Thank you for your reply.

if your old employer has no any objection to transfer your visa, than no issue, ( Ask your old employer to transfer your visa friendly), than all fine

I hope if he complete his contract and leaves smoothly then he need not take NOC

Hoping is just another way to tell oneself that one's right, the need is to know for sure if an NOC is not required if you have completed the 2 year obligatory contract with your present employer. If someone can assuredly say what exactly is the rule it would be nice. However thank you for your reply.
rgds

shafiq1234 wrote:

I hope if he complete his contract and leaves smoothly then he need not take NOC

Hi shafiq1234,

You information is incorrect.

Whoever leaves his / her employment, whether or not after completing the contract, is required by law, to be in possession of the last employer's NOC to return to Oman - within 2 years.

Dear

All types of 2 years visas, required NOCs, even family joining visa, the different between this 2, for the employee NOC made by Sanad Typing office signed by employer and , its has to go Manpower for authentication, than Immigration alongwith new Employment Single Visa Visa Submission

It is not yet 100% sure for those working more than initial contract (which is 2 years) need NOC or not. But if your new employer is under SME category i hope there is some exemption. For all these you need to clarify with MOM either Ruwi or Seeb with your new employer.

that's better.

Thanks Lazado2000 for your reply.