Legal requirements for Starting a Clothing and distribution company?

Hi I would like to open a clothing store business in DR. My interest is to focus on opening multiple store but I want to start with one first. I would like to know what are the legal requirements opening a new business. I am aware of the competition but doing business in DR I believe would allow me the opportunity to bring affordable pricing to the people while maintaining quality.
Please advise me accordingly. I would  like to open up my first store in Santo Domingo.

Thank you,

Chris Williams

Ok, welcome to the forums. We have covered this multiple times. You need to incorporate first, costs about US 2000 depending on capitatisation.

Are you going to manage hands on or hire someone to manage it for you? Be very careful.

Make sure you understand the labor code and all your costs. On average gross up salary 35% to understand all your costs of labor.

Accounting and taxes are daunting here.

Do you have your residencia? If not will you get it?

Welcome.

You are proposing a daunting undertaking.  Take Planner's advice and read all the threads on starting a business here.

Have  you been here before????

Have you done your due diligence on the need and location of  your "store".  What market are you after (Dominican, Expat, etc)?

Good luck

Bob K

How about importing merchandise?  is that difficult? Are the import taxes high?

It has lots of rules and tax and duty depends on a number of things. If you are starting up do your homework and get a good lawyer - not just the cheapest and often i will suggest more then one opinion!

can you recommend any lawyers?

What part of the country?

Puerto Plata or sosua

W****, Esq.
w****@gmail.com

My company has done business with him in the past, so far no complaints.

Moderated by Bhavna 6 years ago
Reason : Please recommend this professional in the business directory.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct