BMW 745Li Gearbox Issues

Hope you can shed some light and signpost me to a really reliable gearbox expert in Riyadh. My Bimmer Gearbox has just packed up and it looks like I will need a complete refab job done. I am inclined to just replace with with a unit already reconditioned.

Just in case I may be jumping the gun about the repairs required, I am looking for a dude who can do a proper diagnostics and then, if required, complete a professional replacement of any parts as required.

Just to give you an idea, the gears are hesitating to change from first gear to the next, then when they change,its with a thud (I have heard its typical top-converter gone), then a few meters of driving you get a red gears sign on the dash - then a message telling you that safe mode has been activated, driving moderately to the next BMW Service.

As per my experience in KSA, I would suggest go to the authorized dealer and get the complete quote and detail required to overcome the problem !! good luck

I did a computer test on the car. The report threw up a lot of other issues, which, to my conservative estimate will set me back at least SR20,000. So, there is only one decision; sell off and count my cost.