Looking to rent apartment in Danang, advice please

Hi folks,

I'm heading to Danang for a few months and need an apartment.  Previous posts had useful information, but the threads were 2014 or older.  Having housing costs increased dramatically?  I've checked cvr.com.vn, and danangrenting.com and the prices vary so much–$250 to $700–for places that look pretty similar.

I want a lot of sunlight, at least a queen bed and preferably a king, a full bathtub, and nothing on the first floor.  What's the price range for such an apartment?  If I can afford an ocean view, that would be terrific.  I don't want to go higher than $600, but if I can get what I need for less, the saved money would definitely be meaningful to me.  I don't want to pay an extra $150 for a big TV or a stainless steel fridge.  And an ocean view would be great, but not great enough to pay an extra $200 a month.

I would appreciate any guidance you can offer.

Oh, and does it matter if I get a serviced apartment?  Aren't there reputable independent cleaning agencies I can hire?

Thanks for reading,

Michael

Forget it.
Apartments in buildings with ocean view only from 10 storeys and up.
All resorts have houses along the beach, but not in town, but definitely not the prices you demanded. Wake up, have you ever seen houses for Vietnamese along the beach? That area is reserved for those who have a lot to invest. In Da Nang I can recommend the condo Azura but the prices are high for your small wallet. Otherwise at $650 per month you can find interesting houses in Hoi An, with all comforts, but away from the ocean.
I do not understand, Vietnam is not Florida, what you thought to find?

I'm awake Joss; I've just never been to Vietnam before.  I had never seen any houses in Vietnam at all, on the beach or otherwise, before last week.  And I have had exactly no experience whatsoever with the housing market in Danang until the past two days.  What I have found is a lot of advertisements for apartments with ocean views for $600 a month.  It is helpful to know that this is not realistic.  So even though your tone was not friendly, nonetheless I appreciate the advice.  I also have no idea what you're talking about, with regards to Florida.

Then if my inexpensive ocean view beach dreams are a fantasy, does anyone have practical advice as to where in Danang I should be looking for a decent place?

Thank you,

M.

Moderated by Christine 8 years ago
Reason : Please do not promote your business or services on the forum.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

As I.said earlier. There is a new apartment, fully furnished, beautiful Seaview one bedroom for $450 in my building.  No tub but big shower.  One block from the sea with no obstructions  There are a few along the beachfront.  Some of the hotels have apartments also.  Serviced apartments are overpriced. With no sea view or sliver view.

I was maybe not so friendly but I tried to open your eyes. I just said that before making such requests must go to Da Nang and realize by yourself how is organized the real estate market. Da Nang is filling up with businessmen from all over the world, but also of rich Vietnamese who leave mainly Hanoi and migrate to the South. With a new terminal at the airport (opened in December 2012) and the port very efficient, the city attracts all those who want to establish their business and live better and far as possible from pollution at extreme levels in the two major Vietnamese cities.

The comparison with Florida was to emphasize the fact that the beaches in Vietnam are not all free as there, if anything, are modeled on the system of many countries in the Middle East where you can built houses only if you have money, preferably a lot.
With the growth of Da Nang also it increased the supply of new housing, but prices rose, due to the market: if there is a demand also rising prices.

I advise you to follow the advice of Gary and accept his offer, the better I do not think you can get. Apartments with big bathtubs you find only in ultra-luxury homes, out of reach of your budget.

Jose...you're rude. Fellow was just asking for advice not a condescending lecture.

Moderated by Priscilla 7 years ago
Reason : please post your offer only in the housing section
Moderated by Christine 7 years ago
Reason : please post your ad in the housing section.

I agree TonyaandMarjie, It annoys me that when people come on these forums to ask questions just to get help, they get met with rude and very unnecessary comments. There is a way to give someone a straight opinion without the insults and the condescending tone. There are many people that are moving all across the world and rely on the advice of those who have already made the trip there and are making their lives there. If you cannot give sound advice without being rude then just don't comment.  Just ridiculous. How hard is it to say " hey within your budget you should look in these areas because in area X the apartment ranges are from 600-1000." and let that person draw the necessary conclusions for themselves.

JusCurr6 wrote:

I agree TonyaandMarjie, It annoys me that when people come on these forums to ask questions just to get help, they get met with rude and very unnecessary comments. There is a way to give someone a straight opinion without the insults and the condescending tone. There are many people that are moving all across the world and rely on the advice of those who have already made the trip there and are making their lives there. If you cannot give sound advice without being rude then just don't comment.  Just ridiculous. How hard is it to say " hey within your budget you should look in these areas because in area X the apartment ranges are from 600-1000." and let that person draw the necessary conclusions for themselves.

You are so right.

Next time, those of us who can see an accident looking for a place to happen will just sit back and watch it.

Too bad your feelings got hurt on the way to discovering the cold, hard facts of life here in "Paradise".

Now, for the sake of your children, pay attention to the CURRENT information we've provided and stop wasting your time replying to a dead, two-year-old thread.

Sir,
My feelings have nothing to do with it. I am focusing on my post and I suggest you worry about yourself. My post applies even in 2019. There is a way that you "locals" can give advice without being snide about it. That's just basic common sense. No need to be rude. You get nothing out of it. Now you have a good day Sir.

This is quite an old thread so it probably should be left to die, but perhaps I could request members remain calm.
Thank you :)