Western Union

Hi I'm just wondering about Western Union in Mexico, specifically Mexico City. New York Western Union is pretty inconsistent in terms of the amount each location has available when you're picking up. Convenience stores and Walgreens can only give you up to $300. It's hit or miss. I find that supermarkets with Western Union at the customer service desks are the most efficient and able to provide larger payments.

Any advice about WU in Mexico? Are they sometimes located in banks? How about supermarkets? Is it always a guessing game as to what WU locations have in their cash registers and can pay out?

I use pay pal to send money to Mexico. †he fees are small and they send money right away with no problems. you just need a bank account to it to be delivered to.  However if staying  in Mexico legally that is no problem.

The last time I used PayPal to transfer money, it took 10 days with the worst exchange rate ever. Better with WU or XOOM.

I use Pay pal every month to send my son a few bucks.  It may be better in Cancun area and the rate of exchange good too.  Have to use something since all the money sending places here were put out of business by the feds. they all got charged with money laundering..There used to be a whole bunch as we have a ton of illegals here but now gone.  Before paypal I used the post office .