Marriage to a Khmer in Thailand

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone on this forum could provide up to date information on getting married to a Khmer in Thailand.

I e-mailed the Cambodian Embassy in Bangkok to find out about the required documents for Cambodian citizens but there has been no reply. I also emailed the Cambodian Embassy in my home country, Japan. I e-mailed the Cambodian embassy in Tokyo and consulates in Osaka, Nagoya and Sapporo. There have been no replies to those e-mails and the embassy in Tokyo do not answer the phone.

I know that a passport is needed as a form of ID and an "affirmation of freedom to marry" form provided by the embassy needs to be filled out but I'm wondering how it is possible to obtain the form when they don't reply to their emails.

If someone has managed to successfully contact the Cambodian Embassy in Bangkok or knows if any further documents are required other than passport and affirmation of freedom to marry form I would greatly appreciate it if you could provide me with this information.

Thanks

Hi I am in yhe same situation due to having a child in thailand. Need to marry here to get my homecountry to recognise me as a father to the baby. The court in thaiöand will not undertake us since we are foreigners.

How dit it went for you?

Did you get married in thaiöand?

Best regards,