Greek language course/activities for foreigners

Hi to everyone! I am from St-Petersburg, living in Athens right now. Need to find some Greek language courses (best price/quality combination) and some activities for foreigners. Also looking for English/Russian speaking friends. Gonna be happy to receive any information. Thanks for the attention:)

Hello Katerina_spb,

Welcome on board  :)

You may have a look at the Language classes in Athens and even post your own advert so as to find a course that suits you.

All the best,
Bhavna

Hi there, I am also looking for free Greek language courses.
I prefer an organized class rather than a tandem class, (simply because I will take it more responsibly).
Found some info online but it all seems outdated. Anybody has info about current courses? When, where etc...
Thanks much
N

Privet Katerina!
I'm also from St.Pete (although, I left this beautiful city some years ago) and also new in Greece. We are living in Kifissia. Let's keep in touch!

best wishes,
Polina

Welcome dear Katerina, I think one can find the best Greek language courses in Athens only wherever it's given for free. Contact the near-by municipality offices so that you can find a public school at a walking distance. Contact YWCA, a catholic association located at the heart in the center of Athens called AKADAMIAS.

Thank you very much! But as I know I can't attend this kind of courses with a tourist visa :(

Polincha wrote:

Privet Katerina!
I'm also from St.Pete (although, I left this beautiful city some years ago) and also new in Greece. We are living in Kifissia. Let's keep in touch!

best wishes,
Polina

Hi Polincha,
a bit out of topic but since i saw you re living in Kifissia maybe i could expand my expat friendship a little bit  :D Would you like to have coffee sometime somewhere in Kifissia center? I'd love to meet new expat friends..

Hello too Katerina, do you think you are up to a greek private course? I know a greek Teacher.

Regards to all,

Gabrielle

Let's meet for a coffee all together!

Katerina_spb wrote:

Let's meet for a coffee all together!

Yea yea, when and where?

Moderated by Priscilla 8 years ago
Reason : free advertising is not allowed. You should post in the classifieds section
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hello Katerina:  The Athens Centre in Mets is excellent, but maybe a little pricey. However, having taken courses in Greek before, I have come to see that you get what you pay for.
If you can get away, the Ikarian Centre is great, and Ikaria is wonderful.