Moving to indonesia. How to find a work?

my girl friend lives in indonesia.she is doing job in a call center. I decided to move to indonesia.currently i completed honours degree and now completing masters degree on social work department from a public versity.I'm good at computer hardware and software troubleshooting. can any one help me what kind job i can do there. what procedure i need to follow.

you will find all important informations here in the forum, check out the different forum categories such as formalities, visa and work.

you will need a company willing to hire you to obtain a work permit and only if you have special skills what locals don't have you may can find a job.

I agree with Happyhour. If you don't have special skills what locals don't have then it might be quite difficult.

what if i marry her,can i get permanent citizenship.

Is your girlfriend Indonesian?

Seems like you are willing to marry her just to get a job in Indonesia. But I don't think it is going to help you much except that once you have a KITAS then you can be living in Indonesia initially for a year.

tayef wrote:

what if i marry her,can i get permanent citizenship.

Yes - after a minimum of 5 years without leaving Indonesia and a long and complex procedure designed to stop people marrying to get a job here.

Edit - scam marriages in an attempt to get a job or residence here are bad news, just making life harder for the real ones amongst us in real marriages and with real commitment to Indonesia.

i wish to live indonesia for love not for job or money. my father is a richest person in the country. i also manage his business too. my brother and sister lives in Uk.most time i travel Uk for met my family members.its  love other than why would i travel third world country.

Please don't refer to Indonesia as a third world country, as it isn't.  It's a member of the G20 and classified by the United Nations as a developing nation...which is most certainly is.

OK...so, with that family wealth, your best bet to get a working permit and resident visa here would be to invest in a start up company, viz, either a PT or PMA.  It's basically like this...foreign investors are very welcome here, but foreign job seekers...not so much. 

You can easily Google what the requirements and minimum investments are for those types of companies.

Good luck.

tayef wrote:

i wish to live indonesia for love not for job or money. my father is a richest person in the country. i also manage his business too. my brother and sister lives in Uk.most time i travel Uk for met my family members.its  love other than why would i travel third world country.

your father can be the richest person in Bangladesh.....you will never get any benefit out of it because nobody cares.try first to get a visa to enter Indonesia and we can talk !!

the woman you wanna get married knows about your plan ?

its only love other wise who's going to live third world country leaving good opportunity to stay in UK.

i said it because all of you thinking I'm going there for job!!!

tnx for your  opinion. i also thinking of it. i replied like that because all treated me as like I'm a poor job seeker.

Most of the job seekers from Bangladesh seem to have university degrees or Masters, but nevertheless look for jobs in Indonesia. Nobody is treating you as a poor person. Indonesia is a difficult place to get a visa for unless you go through the process correctly, that is what we are trying to tell you.

If you marry the girl, you can apply for a spousal visa which initially gives you a year, then you can apply for it again for a second year, and then finally apply for the 5 years visa. But is does not mean you can work in Indonesia, instead, you can only assist in your wife's or her family business.

So as Ubudian says, your best route is to set up a company here and that will allow you to work and earn.

tayef wrote:

Large investment in Indonesia brings a smooth ride to a business visa.
Your problem is solved.

tayef wrote:

i said it because all of you thinking I'm going there for job!!!

What sort of job are you after?

You are so easily pulled by emotions, are you sure you are ready for marriage. Wouldnt it be better to live here for some months before doing all those long term decision making that you gonna regret down the track.

Indonesia is not some 3rd world country. It is one of the Asean Tiger.
If you dont respect the country, how could you respect the person you are going to marry.

Your English is not good enough, to be seen as western educated in UK. So I am puzzled.... Why would you look down on your own country/heritage and thought UK is better than Bangladesh or even Indonesia.

I assure you Indonesia only has 1 truth though. Money is the hard currency to live in Jakarta.
The poor lives very poorly, and the rich lives very richly.

my english is not good enough.im still working on it.i didn't study in UK.i just traveled UK,doesn't mean im an expert. :)
im not going to marry so quick. currently im studying the overal situation. comming month,im going to travel indonesia.hope i can get better idea for business. we will get married after 3 or 4years later considering the situation.

if you study economy,you will see countries are divided into developed and underdeveloped country. underdeveloped countries are also called third world country.its not about respecting or disrespecting.we the south and southeast countries mostly called the third world country.if you think it emotionally than u should rethink about it.
for every person his motherland is better than rest of the world.
im not used to write article.i wrote so shortly that i was unaware of its misleading outcome. tnx to you for notify me.
not just in indonesia,in most of the country, poor lives very poorly and the rich lives very richly.

tayef wrote:

for every person his motherland is better than rest of the world..

I disagree.

I've been in Indonesia for well over eight years and have zero intention of returning to the UK.
Indonesia, at least in my opinion, is a great country populated with wonderful people, and far better in most respects than the UK.

Tayef. We have this saying, that the grass is always greener on the other side. And it certainly is if you are from the UK. I left the UK in 1980 and spent most of my time living around around the Far East. So I also disagree that one thinks one's own motherland is the best in the world. In fact my own motherland seems to be really going down the drain these days. Nevertheless, I may return there to live one day, who knows what the future holds. Many of the expats living here in Indonesia will also feel that Indonesia is better, or more interesting than living back home.

However, I don't want to speak negatively. If you wish to come and live in Indonesia then I would just pursue your dream. If you come from a rich family then the money will definitely make things easier. I wish you good luck and happiness in your future.

Tayef writes,

“If you study economy,you will see countries are divided into developed and underdeveloped country. underdeveloped countries are also called third world country.its not about respecting or disrespecting.we the south and southeast countries mostly called the third world country.if you think it emotionally than u should rethink about it.”

You are absolutely wrong and there isn't one economist who would agree with what you wrote. 

Ever since the end of the cold war, world countries have been classified by one of three designations:  Developed, developing (or emerging) and underdeveloped.  Indonesia is classified as a developing or emerging nation…NOT as an underdeveloped country!

The demeaning term “third world country” was a term used during the cold war to designate countries not aligned to either the West, or the Soviet Bloc.  Virtually NO academic would even dream of using the term “third world country” these days! 

It is insulting to use that term to describe Indonesia, and if in fact you are currently finishing your Master's degree program I suggest you consult with one of your professors who will straighten you out in no short order.   

You also wrote,

“For every person his motherland is better than rest of the world…”

I will add myself to the others who have already disagreed with that false claim.

As for me, I haven't even been back to my “motherland” in over 17 years and now enjoy full Indonesian citizenship.

While I still believe my own motherland to be a great country, in no way do I regard it as “better than the rest of the world.”