How long does it take to approve/deny marriage request?

Hi all!

A little over two weeks ago from the date of this post, my Hungarian fiancé and I submitted a marriage request to the marriage office in Siófok. The person working there was very sparse and general about the amount of time it would take for the request to be approved/denied (although it's probably an administration thing and I don't blame her).

Basically, I have 2 questions:
1. Approximately how long from the date of the submission would it take for them to approve/deny the request?
2. How do they let you know? E.g., phone call, email, letter... etc.

I'm just a little stressed and any answer at all would be super helpful!

Thanks a bunch,

- Vee

I do not know about Hungary, but it took over a month in Switzerland to receive the marriage license. I allow myself to be pleasantly surprised if wrong, but I would expect it would take even longer here. Two weeks is nothing.

I do not know how they will contact you with the results, but only a written letter is the official result.

I do not mean to be impertinent, but there is no point in stressing out. Bureaucracies are what they are and they take their own time to do their thing. Meanwhile, take a listen to a few shows from The Men From The Ministry, and realize it is like that in many places.

Update: So I got a reply (through my fiancé) from the marriage office, approximately, 21 business days after they received my request application. The marriage office in the Somogy county called my fiancé and told him that the request was approved. The whole bureaucratic process was a nightmare but thank god it worked out.

If anyone in the future has questions about what you need, what processes, etc., don't hesitate to message me; I'd love to provide that information :).

I am pleasantly surprised.  :top:

Pleased for you both.

Haha, yes a pleasant surprise indeed. And thank you! :)