Job offer in Riyadh

To stay off with, this is a fanatics place to collaborate with all of you. I'm seeking help in knowing whether a salary that I will be getting in Riyadh will be sufficient.
Basic - 15000sar
Transport- 500sar
Hra - 1000sar
Medical expenses are covered though I'm not sure in this
Air travel for me and my spouse is covered.

Would this be a good salary in Riyadh. How much would I be able to Save provided I lead a normal lifestyle. I will be brining my wife and my 6 month old daughter. I'm 5+ years experience IT techie.

Appreciate your response on this.

A very good offer for a 5+ years of experience.

Thanks for helping me out with this. Any idea like how much will I be able to save with the above quoted salary taking into account that I lead a normal lifestyle.

Hello Sakt and welcome on board

Browsing through threads in the Cost of living in Riyadh section of the forum will help you get an idea on how much you might be able to save after seeing living expenses.

Regards
Kenjee

Normal lifestyle 5-6k max...2 BHK flat and hotel outings twice a week...Check www.numbeo.com for exact rates...You can save atleast 10k out of your 16.5k...

sakt wrote:

How much would I be able to Save provided I lead a normal lifestyle.

Normal lifestyle is a very relative term. But as already said by TLL, 15K for a 5+ experience is good !!

Thanks guys.. Much appreciated!!

sakt wrote:

To stay off with, this is a fanatics place to collaborate with all of you. I'm seeking help in knowing whether a salary that I will be getting in Riyadh will be sufficient.
Basic - 15000sar
Transport- 500sar
Hra - 1000sar
Medical expenses are covered though I'm not sure in this
Air travel for me and my spouse is covered.

Would this be a good salary in Riyadh. How much would I be able to Save provided I lead a normal lifestyle. I will be brining my wife and my 6 month old daughter. I'm 5+ years experience IT techie.

Appreciate your response on this.

15000 SAR is a big amount here... you can save a lot...  Living cost is less. Travelling is also inexpensive if you have your own car.  :) you would not be wasting money in cinemas, pubs etc as there are none...

this si not enough your basic salary should be 3000 or minimum 2500

adil78619 wrote:

this si not enough your basic salary should be 3000 or minimum 2500

He is saying 15000 not 1500.

Hi. As you are getting a housing allowance I assume they aren't putting you up? If they aren't it's still a pretty good salary provided you don't want to live on a compound as that will take a serious chuck out of your salary

Hi sakt,

What kind of work do you do? her is my feedback:

1. Did not see any housing compensation? What id Hra?

2. Do you have any children ready for school? ask about school allowances, school are expensive in Riyadh.

3. Transportation of SR500 is very low, the cheapest car you can get will cost you at least SR1200 per month, unless your employer provide company transportation.

I live in Riyadh, let me know if you need additional assistance...

best of luck

Khalid