Thoughts on studying mechanical engineering in kaunas

Hi, im thinking of coming to lithuania kaunas to study mechanical engineering but i have my concerns like,is living there expensive,

is the university good, english is not my first language 'obviously' so will i understand the professor etc.

,  after my studies will the university be recognizable so i can get a job or if mechanical engineering is a good study for me.

I currently study electrical engineering and computer science in Patras, Greece but i dont like it cause its all about programming,

now, i know that mechanical engineering has programming but i hope that its not its primary goal.

By the way if you know anyone that is from Cyprus please  tell them to contact me, im from Cyprus too.

Thank you

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : For own security measures, please do not share personal contact infos on the forum, you could use our private message system for that.

Studies in Lithuania are cheaper than west europe and mostly in english, plus they provide good level studies in KTU University which is located in Kaunas.
Life in Kaunas is obviously cheaper than Vilnius, here a 2 bedrooms flat would cost around 150 Eu+120 of bills around some 5-7 kms from center, a shared room abour 100 EU all included.
Good luck!