English Sepaking GP

Hi guys!

Sorry if this question has been asked a million times, I've been googling all morning and I can't find any exact answers!

I'm looking for an English speaking general practitioner who can take a blood test and prescribe me medication. I've had a thyroid disorder for four years so I know exactly what pills I need, just need the script. This was a really easy service to cheaply get in the Czech Republic but here I'm just seeing large medical centres which seem to mainly be for emergencies, and look pretty expensive.

If anyone can recommend a reasonably priced doctor please let me know! Even better if you have a guideline price  of what they charge for a basic consultation, just so I know what to expect.

Thanks in advance!

I think for the cheap Hungarian ones that look at you for 2 seconds and hand you a script, you need an insurance card.

For actual decent care and really good English, I recommend First Med Centers,  which is pricey per visit but if you need routine care, their yearly subscription options are really good, and you'll have a decent place to go if you get sick and need a good doctor.

Thanks for the recommendation but to be honest I don't need anything special, just the prescription so the cheaper the better as far as I'm concerned! I got one quote so far that a consultation would cost 14000 ft which seems ridiculous to me.

Jess try Robert his my GP: http://www.sanatim.hu/index.php?lang=eng

Jess1233 wrote:

I'm looking for an English speaking general practitioner who can take a blood test and prescribe me medication. I've had a thyroid disorder for four years so I know exactly what pills I need, just need the script. This was a really easy service to cheaply get in the Czech Republic but here I'm just seeing large medical centres which seem to mainly be for emergencies, and look pretty expensive.

If anyone can recommend a reasonably priced doctor please let me know! Even better if you have a guideline price  of what they charge for a basic consultation, just so I know what to expect.

Thanks in advance!

If you are an EU citizen, then get a EHIC (European Health Insurance Card) and you can get a state Doc consultation for free (you could possibly just use your passport instead).  The prescription you can get reimbursed for back home in whatever EU country you are from. In theory they could just give you the medications at the local price.

BTW, there's a Dr Tan here in Budakeszi who seems to speak English (might be from somewhere like Iran or Jordan).  Never seen him myself but his office is near the police station and he has a pharmacy on site.

I have heard that if a foreigner takes a Hungarian friend along, they will scan their TAJ (health) card and put the prescription in their name and then subsidised medications can be had.  Obviously this relies on a decent tip for the doctor or good connections.    I'm not implying every Dr here (or the one I mentioned) does that.

Hungary does not allow post imports of medications.  I don't know about your home country.  In the UK, US and a few others (I think Croatia included), you can get medications mail order direct.  Send me a PM and I will give you the link.  If your country does not allow it, Customs will take them.

If you travel to some countries, it's very easy to get prescription medications OTC (Over the Counter) without any paperwork whatsoever.   Thailand is probably the easiest.