Tax deduction for 46000 annual income

Hello All,

I'm new to this forum and I will be a new person in Belgium in a couple of months.

Today, I received a call from the HR section of a company in Merelbeke about an offer with 46,000 Euro annual income. I'm wondering if that is enough for a young couple. Right now, I am living in Germany and I don't know much about tax payment in Belgium. The offered job is a contract job for 12 months (for the moment, if the project is not finished in one year, maybe they extend it some more months) and my spouse won't work in Belgium. I would like to know what will be my net income?

In the meantime, I would say that I am a Ph.D. student (near to finish) but I haven't still  defended my thesis. Is this salary based on my M.Sc. degree (my field is computational linguistics)? I mean, will it increase as soon as I obtain my Ph.D. degree?

I have also another question. As I have to keep my German residence permit (I'm still a student there), I have to keep my health insurance as well. I had heard that my health insurance in Germany is also valid in the whole EU. Is that true? If yes, can I avoid paying insurance in Belgium? Or is it automatically deducted from my salary?

Thanks in advance,
Alice

Wondering why you are trying to avoid health insurance here, it will cost you about 100 euro per year each.
You CANNOT keep your German residence permit (assume you are non EU to have a permit), if you are paid in Belgium and you come to live here, you must register as living here. If you are going to remain living in Germany, then you'd pay Belgian tax and German social security.

http://www.partena-professional.be/fr/c … -brut-net/

Thanks a lot for your reply and the link :)
I actually didn't know that the health insurance is that cheap in Belgium! In Germany I pay more than 100 Euro per month!
For the rest of information regarding my residence permit and so one, thanks a lot for your help. The information was really helpful.