Shop making Silver buddha design

Jealous of someone who lives in what looks like a second rate curio shop in a third rate town - don't make me laugh! :lol:  but at least you showed a little insight by agreeing with JCollins assertion about you. You doubled down by using self-descriptors such as 'bodoh' and 'nakal'...

There is hope for you yet, Roy.

Yet, you shouldn't use proxies to threaten violence to persons you disagree with, as you have done in your previous diatribe, directed at saintjean

“Third rate town eh?”   :lol:

Well, feast your eyes on the views I get to enjoy just outside my compound gate, every single day:

http://www.royalpitamaha-bali.com/

But, no need to eat your heart out!   :D

Hi guys,

Yes I'm still following this debate and I've just finish reading everything. Even if you don't looks agree, thank you because it's very interesting for me.

I did not yet come to Celuk because I was busy the last weeks, but I have to go this week.

Actually I wanna make a good quality product because I want to sell it on Amazon first, at a quiet expensive price. I just want to try in the first place and then I will see how's things going. But I'm more intersting to keep going with few good pieces or unique design.

Thanks

Good luck Benten, and most of all, have fun.  Cheers!

Enjoy the wheeling and dealing in Bali!

If you have the time then don't forget to go to the silversmithing village of Kota Gede - to the immediate southeast of Yogyakarta - for an alternate view on the creative process in designing silver and other metallic artifacts and jewelry.

As in Bali, you have to keep your wits about you when buying raw silver or when you are having supplied silver converted into finished objects.

An excellent point about Yogya silver Indo! 

As you surely must know, during the Dutch colonization, Yogy became a center for silver hollow ware…tea and coffee pots, creamers, sugar bowls and other table wares, and in direct competition with Indian and Chinese colonial silver under English influence. 

Silver production in Bali never followed that path, thus the products are different. 

If you can find old pieces of Yogy silver, (late 19th to early 20th century), they are very collectible and sell well to specialty collectors of colonial export silver.