Moving back to Oz

Hi Guys,

Looking for a little advice or comments on my situation. Originally from Melbourne Australia, I moved to London in 2004 spending majority of my time meeting great friends and travelling. After 5 years living in London and most of my friends moving back to Oz as well, I decided to move back to Melbourne in 2010 however I still longed to do some more travelling and decided to move back to London in 2012. After I returned to London in 2012, I also hooked up with an old London girl I used to know and decided to get married who incidentally has two teenage kids from a previous marriage. Unsure why I took this path but I do things spontaneously which looking back was probably not the smartest thing. After 2 years of marriage, I feel 'lost' and considering moving back to Melbourne, My wife and I seem to be arguing all the time over trivial matters which is only making me feel more inclined to move to Melbourne. On top of this my mum is unwell and as I don't have any children of my own, thinking London is now over and time to move back. Would love to know people's thoughts on this. Cheers Mick

Hi Marciano,

Judging from your travelling lifestyle you must have a decent income since you don't mention working, in which case my advice is to try the Philippines for a year or so, Riviera Silang in particular, with the view to one day living within our welcoming expat community permanently.

I'm English and retired to the Philippines from London 13 years ago and although I cannot claim to have enjoyed every minute… after all the Philippines is a third world country. The tropical climate and less expensive cost of living, especially housing and local grown vegetables, fruit, food in general including fish, beer, cigarettes and gasoline, sure as hell beats London prices, and the UK weather.

Rivera Estate is 1,000 ft above sea level and typically enjoys the benefit of a year round cool breeze. Three years ago we, my better half and me, built a luxury home and didn't feel the need to install aircon.

A crate of local brewed beer costs 400 Pesos, less than 6 Pounds for 24 bottles, 25 Pence each!!

Marciano, feel free to contact me privately should you want further info.

Good onya Mate,

Peter.

Yes, move back to OZ and take me with you ;)

How strongly attached her kids are to you ? Have you considered that. Every relationship goes through ups and downs. Maybe try to sort it out rather than just running away?

well,my advise is that marriage is a huge commitment,you need to think through it alot before casually walking out..can your differences be settled?if yes then its worth the try.