Fuel allowance 2015

is the fuel allowance going to be paid this year to expats in cyprus?.

Are you speaking about some specific company?

WINTER FUEL ALLOWANCE I THINK - relevant to brits of a certain age .....it may well depend on what response the massive petition gets

see this gov.uk link

https://www.gov.uk/winter-fuel-payment/eligibility

Winter Fuel Payment
Overview
What you'll get
Eligibility
How to claim
3. Eligibility
You'll qualify for Winter Fuel Payment if:

you were born on or before 5 January 1953 (for winter 2015 to 2016 - this date changes every year)
you'll be living in the UK throughout the week of 21 to 27 September 2015
You may be able to get the payment if you live in Switzerland or a European Economic Area (EEA) country and you have a genuine link with the UK.

You can't get the payment if you live in Cyprus, France, Gibraltar, Greece, Malta, Portugal or Spain because the average winter temperature is higher than the warmest region of the UK.

When you won't qualify
You won't qualify if throughout the week of 21 to 27 September 2015 you:

are in prison
are in hospital getting free treatment for more than 52 weeks
need permission to enter the UK and don't qualify for help from the Department for Work and Pensions
have lived in a care home for the previous 12 weeks or more and get Pension Credit, income-based Jobseeker's Allowance or income-related Employment and Support Allowance
lived in Cyprus, France, Gibraltar, Greece, Malta, Portugal or Spain
Change of circumstance
Report any change of circumstance as these can affect how much you get. For example, if the qualifying person stops getting a benefit, moves out, dies or goes into care.

Contact the office paying your benefits - their details are on any letters they sent you.

Most Winter Fuel Payments are paid automatically. Write to the office that pays your Winter Fuel Payment if you want to cancel it.

hi toon, i have been getting the fuel allowance for the last two years, i had heard it was going to be debated in parliament and signed the petition, but i don't know if they have put the block on it as yet. the twerps in parliament should come to southern cyprus in the winter and see what heating has to be paid for.

oh i totally agree  = we will never ever get it......but i do hope other eligible people  do.

LONDONCHAP wrote:

hi toon, i have been getting the fuel allowance for the last two years, i had heard it was going to be debated in parliament and signed the petition, but i don't know if they have put the block on it as yet. the twerps in parliament should come to southern cyprus in the winter and see what heating has to be paid for.

The UK government has already scrapped the winter fuel allowance for those of us who have had it right up to last winter (2014/15) in the countries specified. The petition was to try and get it restored after it was removed in an earlier budget which,as far as I know, has long since been passed by Parliament.

Ray

cheers ray, thanks for your reply.

hi foxglove and toon. in the daily express it has bee reported they are installing heaters at akritori in preparation for the winter for the immigrants housed there?. cyprus was deemed warm enough for the ex pats. as per usual those that have contributed are denied to pay for the non contributers.

hi toon, we were told winter fuel allowance was not necessary in cyprus and had our allowance withdrawn. we had to pay for the non contributers.  http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/621472 … ror-threat

its a crazy world we live in

We used to pay out around £1000 on heating oil for the winter months in the UK, so I guess we can't moan as our gas for heating in Malta cost us less than a couple of hundred Euros for the same period.

Ray

i remember our gas bottle bill for the last winter we were in Malta which was 2013/14 and we paid out for 22 12kg bottles of gas at an average cost of €20 - so €440..... last year here in Cyprus - one - yes ONE bottle..... and we've still got it. Ok we used a little air con but honestly the costs were negligible.... and absolutely NO damp to contend with

last year ray i used 18 bottles of gas heating only one room plus warm air heating as well. i put on extra clothing to keep the bills down. in the summer i put the imersion heater on for 10 minutes to get hot water, now it has to be left on for 25 minutes to get the same amount of hot water. the uk state pension is totally inadequate to have a decent standard of living.the 200 pound fuel allowance was helpful but did not cover the winter expenses.as the uk government withdrew the fuel allowance from the ex pats in cyprus because as far as they were concerned southern cyprus didn't need any heating in the winter months but installs heating for the immigrants that landed in southern cyprusat the expense of the tax payer and the fuel allowance withdrawn from the ex pats. as far as i am concerned ray the withdrawal of the fuel allowance from those that have contributed in britain all of their lives will never be justified. i was tempted to write to number 10 about it but the cost of registered post for the usual  pathetic waste of time political justification reply isn't worth it. i signed the petition about it. britain doesn't look after those that contribute,especially the elderly, only those that put their hand out for something for nothing reap the gains of those that worked to put it into the coffers. my grandparents and parents were treated the same.

We rely on one UK State Pension for our income so yes, the termination of the WFA will a negative effect on our lifestyle. Having contributed to the UK coffers we are also dismayed at the amount of handouts freely given to people who have never paid a penny into the system.