Domestic Shipping Companies

Do any of you guys have experiences with shipping large bags within Brazil?

I need to get a couple of large duffle bags (probably around 25 kg each) from Boa Vista or Manaus to Sao Paulo.

I'm flying from Manaus to Brasilia, I'll be staying there for a couple of weeks, then I'm flying to Sao Paulo. I'll be taking an international flight from there. So if I checked the bags, I'd be paying a lot (twice) for extra luggage.

Any suggestions?

you can check any of those bus stations which travel around states and you will find there many offices that do shipping from a state to the other

Don't forget that Manaus is pretty isolated from the rest of Brazil not many roads running through the Amazon. Usually what's shipped in and out of there goes upriver to Belém by boat and that's a 5 day trip in itself. From there it could take another 5 days or more by road to get the bags to São Paulo. To be safe you'd have to send them off at least 2 weeks before you need them to arrive in São Paulo. It's also going to be extremely costly because you're going to be charged based on the distance involved and not on weight.

The only real viable alternative is shipping the bags as excess baggage on your flight. It may actually end up being cheaper than shipping them by land from Manaus.

Cheers,
James     Expat-blog Experts Team